We have a 2011 Unicorn Valencia and the kitchen tap is loose does anyone know how I access the fitting bellow the worktop to tighten the nut 🤔 thanks in advance.

The nut will be difficult to reach because it will be high up, behind the bowl.   You'll need a box spanner to reach it.   Probably a 10mm or maybe 12mm

1679778289_Boxspanner.jpg.511f02a25809a29474f7ab4e7f1b53bd.jpg

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I suspect that a box spanner won't work as the pipes get in the way!  if you have two small nuts either side that may work, but most van taps have a large central nut with the pipes running through them. Try by hand, first. Then if you have a good grip on it with your hand turn the tap a bit with the other hand (or if too difficult to reach both enlist a friend) and then gently turn back both so you gradually tighten the tap. You won't need much, and if you overdo it you'll over-compress the sealing washer so that it squashes and stops sealing.

Thanks guy's but I was wondering how I get access to under the worktop as it's located behind the fridge.

Just now, Jonmcd43 said:

Thanks guy's but I was wondering how I get access to under the worktop as it's located behind the fridge.

Take the upper fridge vent off the outside of your van, you should be able to reach it from there.

Just now, Flinty said:

Take the upper fridge vent off the outside of your van, you should be able to reach it from there.

Cheers Flinty was looking at that but thought the sink bowl would block access

27 minutes ago, Flinty said:

There should be a shield sealed all round above the top of the fridge to deflect heat to the upper vent and preventing a gale blowing through the van via the upper and lower grill, also to prevent combustion gases entering the van interior in the event of a fault with the flue.

I had to replace my kitchen tap about 4 years ago and it wasn't an easy job. The main problem is the way this is constructed, the sink unit is assembled before it's fitted into the caravan and the only way to reach the tap for us is through the top fridge vent (or remove the fridge) and you find it's very tight to work in and the fittings are facing the wrong way. I did have to remove the sink though, only held in with 3 screws and a push on waist pipe.

This is what you will be looking at re tightening. The long threaded stud (M8 I think) to the "C" washer.

image.thumb.png.31c110b3944afc7c2b4566c9dd4730e1.png

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

12 hours ago, Jonmcd43 said:

We have a 2011 Unicorn Valencia and the kitchen tap is loose does anyone know how I access the fitting bellow the worktop to tighten the nut 🤔 thanks in advance.

This  ↓↓↓

11 hours ago, Flinty said:

The tap can be tightened by reaching in through the upper fridge vent without any great difficulty.  You may need a helper to hold the tap body in position as you tighten it.