Gutted - my new Alicanto has damp!

My new Alicanto has a small damp patch on wooden floor - inside - nearside front corner!  Hope it’s not going to be a big repair 😕

Hi sad to here that I had the same problem with my Bailey they just can’t seem get the problem with the wooden floor joint correct. Have you got the 10 year warranty l only had 6 Year and up till the last year they were still finding damp in the floor had to get rid when warranty expired 

It’s not a year old yet! 😕

U got Swift Elegance ?

Can anyone repair leaks to a caravan under warranty if they are approved rather than go back to the dealer? Our new Elddis leaking from the front hinge bar. Pool of water on front panel. Dealer says it’s going to be at least 12 weeks before they get the part I.e whole new front panel. 

Can you buy a cover for it Diane - or get it under cover in a shed or something?

DJ

Posted (edited)

Re Diane's question....If your dealer cannot get the part, it will be the same for other dealers. My experience is only the supplying dealer will touch it for warranty work....

Edited by gtepete

13 hours ago, Diane Andrews said:

Can anyone repair leaks to a caravan under warranty if they are approved rather than go back to the dealer? Our new Elddis leaking from the front hinge bar. Pool of water on front panel. Dealer says it’s going to be at least 12 weeks before they get the part I.e whole new front panel. 

Can the dealer not carry out a temporary reseal until they can get the parts? In 12 weeks more serious internal damage could have occurred.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, djadria said:

It’s not a year old yet! 😕

U got Swift Elegance ?

Hi

Can I just ask how you store your caravan?

We have had a Bailey in the past (GT65) and to minimize this damp situation we stored with the nose slightly high.

I appreciate the ingress is already present but this suggested position might help.

Edited by charlieboy2608

You could possibly seal it temporarily with duct tape or similar, it's pretty waterproof.

8 hours ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Hi

Can I just ask how you store your caravan?

We have had a Bailey in the past (GT65) and to minimize this damp situation we stored with the nose slightly high.

I appreciate the ingress is already present but this suggested position might help.

Try to keep it level. 
nose down front corners wet / nose up back corners wet 

👍

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, djadria said:

Try to keep it level. 

👍

Moving on from your original issue you now have damp front and rear :-(

As an after thought have you tried using awning rail protector strip which might guide the water away from the floor.

Edited by charlieboy2608

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2021 at 19:11, djadria said:

Try to keep it level. 

👍

I keep mine nose up ... I made these to sit under the awning channel to divert the water coming off the roof away from the side of the caravan. The water now falls to the floor ...

IMG_20210515_123916050_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210515_123911909_HDR.jpg

Great Idea.

Wirkshop thinks they’ve fixed it. Resealed a screw that holds the sidewall skirts. X fingers 

2 hours ago, djadria said:

Great Idea.

Wirkshop thinks they’ve fixed it. Resealed a screw that holds the sidewall skirts. X fingers 

👍👍