Proof of Covid vaccination

Woodentop

10 hours ago, Woodentop said:

This is down to your GP Practice which is our case does not allow us to see our medical records.

The practice can only refuse you for very limited specific reasons, even then you can complain to the Ombudsman.

Tell the GP practice you require hard copies, there is no charge.

Not allowing patients to view or have copies may not be the decision of your GP but a decision of the practice manager who should know better, of whom some, not all, appear as if they personally own the practice.

Requests for hard copies can set in a bit of a panic in this digital age, it's sometimes the precursor to a complaint being filed. 🤫😉

1) Can I view my medical records?

Yes. You have a legal right to see your own records. You do not have to explain why you want to see them.

2) Can my request be refused?

Your request could be refused if:

A health professional thinks seeing the records would be seriously harmful to your physical or mental health

3) A guide to formally requesting medical records

You can formally request your medical records in writing. You may wish to do this if:

The information you need is not covered by your GP record

You want hard copies of records

You do not have online access

You do not want to use online services.

4) Complaints

When can I complain?

You can complain if:

You disagree with a decision not to let you see medical records

You are unhappy about the process

You do not receive the records within 40 days

You feel your information is being used incorrectly.

Your first step is to complain to the provider. If you are still not satisfied, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. Contact details for the Information Commissioner are at the bottom of this page.

See here: https://www.patients-association.org.uk/seeing-your-medical-records

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the NHS app , it took a while to get it up and running ( probably me!)

Had to photograph my drivers license then do the face scan. Authentication took a while but they were busy!

Good technology.

I had a look on it just now, the vaccines are on there plus a QR code, which you can download as pdf, which I did, so it could be printed . You can request an e mail copy too.

Wife is now going to put it on her phone.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Woodentop said:

Sorry, you are wrong. If your GP Practice has not made your medical records etc available with System Online it is not available on Airmid or the NHS app either.

My covid vaxes dont appear on system on line, or at least I haven't found them.

However they do appear on the airmid app. It wont let me do a screenshot to prove it

ETA

They are there on system on line burried along with all my other medical records, in the airmid app they are in a seperate section along with flu jabs.

Edited by Idleness

3 minutes ago, Idleness said:

Afraid not

My covid vaxes dont appear on system on line, or at least I haven't found them.

However they do appear on the airmid app. It wont let me do a screenshot to prove it you will just have to take my word for it

1st page of patient record for me.

On 08/05/2021 at 08:09, 2seaside said:

Document reissued today - See link

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

On 17/05/2021 at 18:04, Mr Plodd said:

I did it another way, can’t recall, what that was, but it only took a few minutes.

Thanks.

On 17/05/2021 at 18:06, Idleness said:

Been waiting 3 days so far. In their defence that does include the weekend.

Just had email saying I'm approved so 3 days it is.

Now it wont connect to my GP surgery :( will have to sort that tomorrow.

Usual government IT 

Thanks, mine got approved yesterday afternoon so just over 24 hours.

On 17/05/2021 at 15:09, SamD said:

Mine was best shot of me that I've seen!

:lol:

• 1 month later...

There is somewhere on the nhs site a section you can fill in your details and then they will send you a letter showing all your COVID details when what and where.

The letter states.    Keep this document safe it proves you have been vaccinated….  https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/

Called a COVID pass. 

Mine arrived yesterday.

can not. Post an image of it as it has all my details…

Edited by Sonar
Added link

If you download the NHS App (NOT the track and trace one) you can see your Covid vaccination record along with an awful lot else relating to your health care. 

Take a screenshot of it just in case you are asked for it and dont have a mobike phone signal (like in a foreign airport)  

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

I’ve downloaded the NHS app (not the test &trace one) and my Covid vac details are there.

BUT I am unable to either add my wife’s details, nor downloaded a second app for her as we only have the one iPhone.

Has anyone overcome this problem, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi, we had that problem and  had to have a separate email addresses for my wife. Both can be accessed from the same phone.

Thanks daveandjude for the update. 
conquest. 

On 08/05/2021 at 09:50, AndersG said:

EU is working on a digital green certificate with a scannable QR code and a digital certificate to ensure its legit. No idea how non EU citizens would get it but the vaccination card and NHS app is to easy to fake to be of much use.

How would you fake the NHS app , just asking for a friend :)

But seriously how would you do it?

I am sure it’s possible to fake the NHS app, but it is probably way beyond the computer capability of in excess of 99%  of the population. I certainly wouldn’t know where to start.

The vaccination card was never intended to be used as proof simply because it is so easy to fake.

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

51 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

I am sure it’s possible to fake the NHS app, but it is probably way beyond the computer capability of in excess of 99%  of the population. I certainly wouldn’t know where to start.

The vaccination card was never intended to be used as proof simply because it is so easy to fake.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't successfully fake the app. If you think you can download or screenshot the QR code or even email  it to yourself , it will change automatically every 28 days so you would need to keep doing it. With mine I cant see all my medical records yet, my surgery says they will complete that by the year end.