Message added by CT Advertising,

Wandahome LogoWandahome, Knottingley is a well-established family company and has been one of the main UK dealers for touring Coachman Caravans since 1989.

Click here to view Wandahome, Knottingley’s range of caravans, awnings and accessories available in their brand new state of the art showroom.

Well, after waiting 6 months since placing the order, the new van has arrived and we are out on our first trip with 3 nights completed so far.

Whilst we are delighted with the van so far, we are both finding that the mattress on the fixed rear island bed is the worst we have experienced in 40 years of caravanning, including the days before fixed beds when the day seats had to be made into the bed.

The Coachman brochure describes the mattress as being high quality foam construction (doesn't seem to be memory foam).

Can’t understand why the front seats are sprung but the fixed bed is foam.

Anyone with a 2021 Coachman with fixed bed finding a problem?

Looks like we will have to try a topper (but then the fitted sheets we bought will no longer fit), or splash out on a sprung mattress.

Would appreciate any advice from Members who might have experienced similar issues with their beds.

Playing devils advocate here but have you tried approaching your dealer with regards its construction?

To some extent the construction of the mattress is immaterial - its uncomfortable for us choose what it is.

I sent a message to Coachman, but no response from them.

For the last few nights, we have used the single duvets that we had in the Lunar Clubman doubled up on top of the mattress and that has helped, so a topper of some kind seems the likely way forward. 

It is down to a matter of choice as many of us who have the latest Coachman caravans find the double beds very comfortablewhereas there are quite a few who find them too firm and have put toppers on them to suit their personal sleeping requirements. In the end you can't please everybody.

Alan

Interesting.

We have a 2020 Coachman Pastiche 575 and I'm not 100% convinced about the mattress. It seems to leave a 'crater' where I've been lying. If I move out of the crater, as I do when I need to pay a visit in the night, when I return I can feel the walls of the crater.  I'm not the smallest man in the world - but I'm not the biggest!

I may invest in a topper.

One of the problems with mattresses is that hey are very personal. Some people like hard others soft and whatever they give you it will not work for some people which does mean that the one supplied is not necessarily faulty. If you are not happy you would need to show it is faulty and not just a type you do not like, which would be difficult.

Its a shame Coachman  have changed the spec of the mattress in the VIP 545 (and presumably other models) for 2021.

We spoke to the owners of a 2019 model whilst away and their mattress was a memory foam one. For 2021 it is “a new high quality foam”, but its definitely not memory foam.

At least the seats are sprung again, rather than that Ozio stuff in ours. 

Hopefully the mattress topper will be the answer

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

We have a 2020 Coachman Laser 665 with fixed single beds. They’re both memory foam. Did you check that your dealer ordered

you the mattresses you wanted - if there’s even an option? Or perhaps Coachman have altered the spec?

Edited by Louise H
Midel year missing

Our Coachman is older.  The mattresses on two single beds are quite firm and seem good quality.  I bought some memory foam and they are pretty comfy now.  Just wish they were a bit wider haha.  My husband had a nightmare once and fell out of bed!

We have the 2021 VIP 575 and both the boss, and I, find the mattress nice and comfy.

As previously posted it really is a personal choice.