morning, i am thinking of buying a 2014. 2.2. diesel sorento. any coments about it, good or bad. thanks. george.

We had a 2012  KX2  for 4 years, it never let us down. It was an excellent towcar doing several long trips to France and in UK.

It has plenty of power and pretty good economy. 

We had 4 new wheels under warranty at 3 years due to small amounts of corrosion.  It would have been cheaper to have them refurbished but I didn't  complain.

Excellent warranty.

We replaced it with our currentSanta Fe  ,which is essentially the same car. Only because we got a better deal .

Hi, I had a 2015 kx2 auto did about 45k in 2 years, I now have 2019 kx2 with the 8 speed auto. Only thing I read is the manual box can cook clutches when towing (that's why I want for the auto)? 

Its a big car lots of room, tows well and quite a comfortable ride, although fairly quick don't try and stay with boy racer's on rural roads as its not built for that 😊

Much cheaper to run than my LR Discovery Sport.

My 2015 KX3 Auto is best  towcar I have ever had.

From 2015 they are all 7 seater with self levelling suspension.

Is the 2014 model you are looking at like that?

I seem to recall some issues with models that didn't have SLS.

Very well thought of as towcars.

I wouldn't have one, I find them bland, dull and just generally uninspiring. Not keen on 4 cylinder engines as a rule, but the Kia is a coarse example IMO. Dont know about used, but new prices seem high for what they are, I guess you pay for that warranty.

Lots of people seem to like them though.

I have had 2 Sorentos from new 2008 and 2013,  if you go for 2013 on go for auto as the manual suffers with clutch smell mainly when towing, I managed to secure a 7 year warranty due to my persistent clutch smell when towing, Kia agreed it with my dealer. Fortunately it never failed, as it is now out of warranty just hope it stays ok. The car itself is very smooth and reasonably economical, but it really needs a low ratio box to put it up to other more expensive 4x4s. As I am not a "badge" owner it suits my needs, others will not like them, but then I do not like  BMW, Audi or VW s. 

Why do people have so many of this or other cars,or even a particular caravan brand, when they are so happy with them?

Is it something to do with the financing of them, rather than to do with the product itself?

34 minutes ago, JTQ said:

Why do people have so many of this or other cars,or even a particular caravan brand, when they are so happy with them?

Is it something to do with the financing of them, rather than to do with the product itself?

I like to get updated versions with more gadgets!

I can claim to have been owning Sorento's for longer than most having had one of the first ones sold in the Country.  That has been followed by three others.  Reliability has been superb.  Kia have been superb.  Value for money has been superb.  Nothing to do with finance ( most were bought for cash).   My son in law manages a garage specializing in 2nd hand top end sports and 4 x 4 so I can have a go in almost anything.  Sorento the best - obviously not - comparing it to a £100 K Range Rover (though I am sure it would be more reliable).    But for my money, on my drive, it is simply the best 

We had a 2014 KX-2. Of all the conventional cars we have had the Kia was the very best. I include Mercedes and Volvo in that list, very capable tow car and solo drive. Economical and doesn't hang about we had 4 trouble free years with it before we moved on to pickup trucks. I'd have another in a heartbeat, preferably auto.  

5 hours ago, JTQ said:

Nothing to do with finance, I just like having a new car and a new caravans. Simple 😊

I like Land Rovers but we compared a Discovery Sport to Hyundai as the dealers were next to each other.

As a private owner the Hyundai or Kia makes more sense. More kit for the money, more grunt and better warranty and reliability. No brainer really.

We have had 3 Sorentos all were great. 2 of original model and one KX2.

I had a Rangie Classic which was great, also a Series 3, as I could fix them myself , I do like the new ones but need a lottery win to buy one! These were hobby classic cars.

We have a Mini Cooper convertible  which is our second car, its very well made and a lot of fun, it replaced a 13 year old Saab. Sadly Saab are no more or I would have had another.

I fancy a Porsche Boxster which may be the next toy before I am too old!

morning, thanks for the feedback, looks like it will be 2015. 7. seats automatic, and found out it has cam chain not a belt. george.

• Steven changed the title to Kia Sorento 2014. 2.2. diesel
  • 4 months later...

morning, i posted a few weeks back that i was looking to buy 2014 kia sorento . but i ended up with a 2017 kx4 in black. you were all correct about how much better the ride comfort and power than my 2005 xt. thanks for feed back.george.

One caveat; watch the 4wd function.

I have a 2014 Santa Fe, basically the same car underneath, the local dealer had it in 3 times before eventually admitting they hadn't the facility to check it. Hyundai authorised a strip down, and it was found to have failed, fortunately within the warranty period.

After an experience last week, when trying to tow a trailer, I now am suspicious that it might have failed again, now well out of warranty.

Many owners, especially those who don't tow, will be blissfully unaware of this!