I need a replacement grill for my caravan

Hi all

I need a replacement grill for my caravan and can't seem to find the model. Its a swift challenger 490 le and its a 2000 model. If anyone has a link to where I  can find this would really help.

• Steven changed the title to I need a replacement grill for my caravan

Fletch, whilst you are searching for a replacement grill, you could buy a Halogen Oven from Amazon for about £40+ and that will grill things for you.   We take ours away with us when it's too cold to take the barbecue.   They are so easy to use and there is no naked flame, so it can be used in the caravan or in the awning.   Even at home I prefer to use the halogen rather than the cooker grill especially when cooking sausages, bacon or chops.   It's so easy to set the timer so it doesn't overcook and burn like it sometimes does when I use the home grill.   It's cheaper to run too.  I have never cooked toast in the halogen though as I use a toaster especially as the halogen might be cooking some other breakfast food.  

I hope someone can help you with a link to a new grill for your caravan.   If you go away before finding one,  then I hope my post will at least give you another alternative meanwhile. 

What do you mean by grill? 

The pan, the grid, the pan grid and handle? The actual gas cooker/grill?

http://storage.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/brochures/2000-swift.pdf  says it's a Stoves oven / grill.

Many parts are pretty generic in nature and most good caravan shops / dealers will have a selection to choose from.  A Swift dealer may have access to old parts catalogues to identify precisely the parts you want (though many are likely to be no longer made)?

I recommend you be very careful. We went to buy a new grill some years ago and came away with a new to us caravan.

8 minutes ago, LongTimeCaravaner said:

I recommend you be very careful. We went to buy a new grill some years ago and came away with a new to us caravan.

You got the new (to you) grill so that seems a good outcome ;)

4 hours ago, Rodders53 said:

You got the new (to you) grill so that seems a good outcome ;)

I have never had a good grill in a caravan in 40+ years but I loved the rest of the caravan.