I was paying £600pa.  Non-COASSA.  When my first caravan went AWOL with a white van, it was captured on cctv, which was used by a firm opposite the gates.  The police got the van's registration number, which belonged to a black BMW.  I contacted CMC for insurance, as my insurers, dropped me (remember we who have our caravan stolen and have done everything the insurance companies tell us to, makes us feel its our fault), I never feel that I'm the victjm.  Even the police never bothered to come and interview us, they just gave a crime number out to the owners of the site, and the only contact we got from the police was an email a month later stating that they closed the file.  That was it.  I never felt quite the same after that for caravan holidays.  Now my hubby has passed away, I will be going B&Bs instead.  Takes the worry out of it now

Devon, Gold storage we use is £525 p annum outside.

Current site Ramslade Gold storage £640 p annum

CAMH site we use is £480 a year, but costs vary enormously according to location and security features. 

I feel almost embarrassed by how little I pay.

Bunded, gated site with CCTv on a farm in North Devon, access is past the farmhouse.

£216 a year or I can pay monthly.

Some very competitive prices bring quoted here but getting insurance for a circa £35k - £40k twin axle on a new for old basis can be difficult without the highest storage security measures being put in place which costs.

Some insurers I tried will not insure twin axles even on a CaSSOA Gold site irrespective of trackers and the usual plethora of security devices being fitted.

But, expensive is not always the best as some have found to their detriment.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

£320 per year on a Cassoa Gold storage in the North East.

£30 a month on a farm with decent levels of security and the family living onsite.

Incidentally, I chose to pay a higher premium and go with the CMC policy this first year as they don't impose an infinite list of prerequisite security measures as found with any of the other insurers.

It gives us the freedom to store it anywhere at anytime as long as it is in the U.K. Which has already been great as we have also kept it close to the house why we familiarise ourselves with it.

8 minutes ago, 8ftWanderer said:

I chose to pay a higher premium and go with the CMC policy this first year as they don't impose an infinite list of prerequisite security measures as found with any of the other insurers.

We went with the CMC, their Supercover, new for old.

They were specific on two AL-KO's being fitted whilst in storage, CaSSOA Gold, with only one AL-KO being required on site but with any other type of lock OK on the second axle, I chose a Wraith as the second.

Thought that strange, did you have those conditions set?

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

12 minutes ago, Griff said:

Thought that strange, did you have those conditions set?

I had similar but opted to have a Tracker instead of messing around with the two AL-KO's.

This then permitted me to fit two locks of my choosing. I have gone for two wraith on the offside and actually have the option of fitting one or even two AL-KO's on the near side.

The problem is that I really don't want to be messing around with jacking so thought the Tracker was less hassle.

How do you go about jacking? Do you use a lock and level?

• 2 weeks later...

Just paid annual fee (same price 3rd year running) for Cassoa Gold storage near Spalding Lincolnshire. £240 p.a. Compared to some on here seems to be a very good price.

We charge £30 a month plus vat were not cassoa we have had one insurance company refuse to insure a caravan here. We always tell a prospective owner to check thyre insurance before coming we currently have no vacancies so do shop around for insurance you should be able to get cover.