Hi all, quick question to run past those of you who keep their vans in storage. How much do you pay monthly or annually? 

I'll start by saying the yard I have been using used to charge £35 but are increasing the price by 20% to take that price upto £42 per month.

£480 a year

27 minutes ago, Deserter said:

Hi all, quick question to run past those of you who keep their vans in storage. How much do you pay monthly or annually? 

I'll start by saying the yard I have been using used to charge £35 but are increasing the price by 20% to take that price upto £42 per month.

When comparing storage prices a lot will depend on the storage location, facilities, levels of security plus things like CaSSOA level (bronze/silver/gold or platinum). 

Some sites list their prices, this may help here;

https://www.cassoa.co.uk/find-a-cassoa-site/

Cheers, Martin

£450 a year for us!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

We’re paying £30 a month to store our van. It’s on a farm behind 2 locked gates and also has cctv set up. 

Currently £6 week on a farm behind locked gate, 5 farm dogs and a farmers wife. However now uninsurable so moving to CASSOA gold site next week, £9/week. 

Our latest site is about £480 a year (near Lincoln) and has good security but is not CASSOA registered so the insurance is a bit higher. Previous site was about £650 a year in 2016 (near Bolton), had good security and was CASSOA gold registered. CASSOA charge sites a fee to be registered with them so it adds to the storage cost but it does not mean the security will be better than a site that is not registered but it will be up to a standard.

Ours was £480 but has now gone up to £600. CaSSOA Gold site run by the local council.

£26 a month in a steel barn, but not CASSOA, which is a load of rubbish anyway.

Previously I was paying the same for an outside space at a Gold CASSOA, but no evidence of any CCTV and the locks on the gate were feeble. I fell out with the grumpy old owner so moved elsewhere.

CaSSOA Gold here, recently gone up to £750 per annum......

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

Mine is CaSSOA gold as well at £520 outdoors. Indoors is available at about £650. (Use of ehu and water available in both)

Frank

I use a CaSSOA gold affiliated site. £680 pa. That gives unhindered all year round 24/7 access, CCTV with an ANPR facility, 4 electronic swipe card gates to pass through, good sized hard surface plots, tyre inflation air line and two wash bays with water and power. There are also toilets on site.

CASSOA isn’t rubbish when it is the only way i can get insurance! I too was on a farm but after a theft of a caravan (recovered) they haven’t put in the CCTV the insurers have asked for. They do not understand why they need to. 

Our CaSSOA so called Gold site which when originally opened was a show piece has now become a shabby example.

It's local though and ticks a few of the 'necessary' boxes for us.

Cassoa silver in farmhouse land with CCTV etc etc and 6 GEESE (we can't get around them let alone bandits) - £400

Hi,

Just paid ours -- £480 for the year. CCTV, Electric gate ( controlled by owner ) Cafe, toilet, fresh water. Owner relaxed regarding caravan repairs.  In the Wirral.

15 hours ago, Paul1957 said:

Our latest site is about £480 a year (near Lincoln) and has good security but is not CASSOA registered so the insurance is a bit higher. Previous site was about £650 a year in 2016 (near Bolton), had good security and was CASSOA gold registered. CASSOA charge sites a fee to be registered with them so it adds to the storage cost but it does not mean the security will be better than a site that is not registered but it will be up to a standard.

Nothing much CASSOA around Lincoln is there!

I've recently moved here and struggled to find a space .

In Shropshire, CASSOA Gold was £320 (Longpools - Highly recommended). Paying around the same here now for an "ordinary" storage site, but its about 12 miles away.

The site we use near Lincoln is at The Elms in Torksey. When I looked at CASSOA sites they were all quite far away and the security/sites did not seem as good as The Elms.

30 minutes ago, Paul1957 said:

The site we use near Lincoln is at The Elms in Torksey. When I looked at CASSOA sites they were all quite far away and the security/sites did not seem as good as The Elms.

After a recent extension to the storage area ( giving larger pitches ) there seems to be a few spaces to be taken up if anyone interested. As Paul has said, good security and road surfaces plus a large place to wash your van or motorhome.

Hi all, I pay  £360 a year in two payments of £180. It is cassoa gold, cameras, electric gate washing facilities, and electric if needed. Hardstanding no weeds in site also occupied house on driveway to gate, just outside Beverley:)

5 hours ago, Griff said:

Our CaSSOA so called Gold site which when originally opened was a show piece has now become a shabby example.

It's local though and ticks a few of the 'necessary' boxes for us.

We stopped using them over 2 years ago, it was a shambles then, just cant believe it was a Gold site. We now store at home and lost our 10% discount with Saga £28.00

anything caravan related seems to be going skyward, money wise, we pay 450 for cassoa  gold.  

I have been talking to our service chap and he was saying that people are already booking their service for next year as there are so many new owner's of caravans  / motor homes now,  with June and July  being the busiest.

Once the warranty on our caravan ran out I changed the service date to one that suits me better. Originally in February  but now around October when it is not as busy and the weather is not as bad since it is a 170 mile round trip each time to take and then also to collect later.

23 hours ago, joanie said:

I have been talking to our service chap and he was saying that people are already booking their service for next year as there are so many new owner's of caravans  / motor homes now,  with June and July  being the busiest.

Yes, my 2022 service datewise is an important one I am told which needs doing before its 3rd birthday and not after with some items warranty expiring at 3 years.

Got it already booked in.