Jump to content

Bailey Skirt Wheel Cover


ColinS
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello there.

 

Does anyone know how this https://www.primaleisure.com/product/1998649 actually fits.  The website says that it fits current range single axle Bailey vans and  slots directly into the wheel spat  extrusion but I don't see how this fits!

 

Has anyone used one or can tell me how it fits.

 

Many thanks 

 

C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes fits s4 single axle I got one last week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a (just) flexible channel directly above the wheel arch extrusion and below the fridge lower vent. It’s not obvious what it is as it’s all closed up rather than being “open” . The beading on the wheel arch cover fits/threads into that. Think of it as a flexible “C” channel. It is not very flexible so a squirt of silicone spray is needed. 

Its dark now, and I am on site at present, but if I remember I will photograph it in the morning for you. Not  a brilliant system in my view! 

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Mr Plodd

 

A photo would be very helpful

 

C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ColinS said:

 … … Has anyone used one or can tell me how it fits.

 

Colin, it explains it in your link …

 

To fit - Bailey caravans are factory-fitted with a small channel running above the wheel arch that allows our exclusive wheel arch cover to be threaded in flush with the vehicle, providing a perfect seal. Unzip the cover and gently thread the beading through the channel. 
 

It doesn’t look the easiest thing to fit though …

 

 


 

 

Edited by -Jim-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Steven changed the title to Bailey Skirt Wheel Cover

The arch cover beading threads in as below. The channel is pretty stiff so you will need a bit of lubricant such as silicone spray or Pledge!  Not the best is systems! 

 

 

16E0CDC1-D65F-4A7E-9D3D-3C893CF29FB2.jpeg

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a similar one for our twin Cartegena which can be a little tricky to fit and the leading edge does pop out as you move it along towards the end of the channel, tried lubricating with silicon spray but found using one of those plastic car trim removing tools to ease up and push the edge back in gets the popped out section sorted easily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another picture that shows the set up a bit better. Just be careful! The channel has sharp edges!!

 

Ask me how I know that :angry:

 

 

01A9EBD2-AC25-4061-8B0A-BA59A0FFCE84.jpeg

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Colin, as well as the video for the twin-axle version I posted above, here’s one for the single-axle … … 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for highlighting that Colin👍

 

I just thought it was just a decorative strip around the wheel arch.

Edited by George&Ade
Missed word
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have gone for a generic system I have a twin axle S3 and the channel around the wheel arch is painful Bailey need to sort this out I don’t want to drill the van so I use suckers with hooks on it works very well a bit like the suckers you use for an awning to van it’s actually amazing as the dimension of owning cord has been the same for over 50 years so why did Bailey choose to use some skinny system that they invented crackers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

The arch cover beading threads in as below. The channel is pretty stiff so you will need a bit of lubricant such as silicone spray or Pledge!  Not the best is systems! 

 

 

16E0CDC1-D65F-4A7E-9D3D-3C893CF29FB2.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many Thanks

 

C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did find it easier to fit it when unzipped and done if from back to front 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They look good, I didn't know about the fitting on the arch.

We use standard one with 2 suckers with on hooks which go into eyelets I put in the cover. Seem to work fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 years we have had this van and I just thought this was just your usual badly fitted piece of trim, unfortunately it never bothered me enough to look close enough to realise it actually is meant to look like that and have a function!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We found it easier to press the bead in from the front rather than try to slide it in like a channel. Sliding it was never very successful even with lubricant. Take a firm grip of the bead and press it in perpendicular to the face. The extrusion edges are fairly soft and deform to accept the bead, closing up behind it. Remove in the same way. It's worked for the last 5 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...