So where is everyone?

Thanks, we ere planning in visiting it this week. Good hike up from the bottom of the garden isn’t it?

I wonder why Ramslade is full and Hillhead is nearly empty, could be something to do with the cost as Hillhead ain’t cheap!

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

I wonder why Ramslade is full and Hillhead is nearly empty, could be something to do with the cost as Hillhead ain’t cheap!

Must be the clientele 😁

But the smiley face was / is a clue. It's not full at all... Maybe 1/3 full but seems like there's also quite a lot of seasonal pitches here so difficult to say precisely.

Posted (edited)

Ah, I saw the smiley and thought it was you being smug ‘cos you had bagged a pitch! 

We are basically sat in a big pool of loneliness here. If it wasn’t for our pals on the opposite pitch to us we would have the whole row to ourselves (not that I am complaining of course)  Bar and restaurant are currently shut, so we went into Brixham and had delightfully nice fish and chips at The Prince William gastro  joint (outside tables, didn’t linger too long as by 8pm it was pretty chilly) 

Edited by Mr Plodd

26 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

We are basically sat in a big pool of loneliness here

Bit like Mr. D the other week, then? ;)

received_1258453891219314.jpeg

Not THAT big a pool !!

:D T'was lovely and peaceful, though. :) At least, it was until the weekend arrived; then everyone piled in!

received_279568940427797.jpeg

Stayed at Daleacres CMC site from Monday to Wednesday,last week, and not saying it was fully booked, but limited pitches available.

Even had to queue to get in on the Monday!! I would have thought the CMC would be very happy with the occupancy level.

We were in Keswick (in a static) 12 - 17/4/2021 and both the C&CC sites looked to be full. It was still school hols then for some. The town was not that busy though but hotels were not yet allowed to open.

I put a similar post on the CMC forum.  We have been on our favourite CS, just outside Malton for the last two weeks and most of the time, we have been on our own.  There have been five vans on here for a few days - but mainly at weekends. Our neighbours (at home) took their van to Burton Constable site, near Hull last weekend - a massive site with a lot of statics and tourers.  They were told they had got a last minute cancellation but when they arrived it was only 25% occupied.

It seems that the media hype about the "Glorious 12th" was just that - hype.

Although having all this space around us is nice, having been 'locked up' at home for the last 6 months, we were rather looking forward to having someone else to Talk to!

IMG_1411.JPG

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

17 hours ago, P101 said:

Just down the road from you at Ramslade which is a total sell out 😁

The easterly wind has been bitterly cold. Nice afternoon at Coleton Fishacre today...

We stayed at Ramslade in June 2019.  I am not surprised that it is full as it's a lovely, peaceful site. 

Whilst there we visited Plant World Gardens and Nursery, north of Torquay.  What a beautiful, natural garden it is with a scenic café that sells delicious home made cakes and has speciality seeds for sale.  It also has a large nursery with  unusual plants.    It's well worth a visit.    

6 hours ago, Paulines7 said:

We stayed at Ramslade in June 2019.  I am not surprised that it is full as it's a lovely, peaceful site. 

Whilst there we visited Plant World Gardens and Nursery, north of Torquay.  What a beautiful, natural garden it is with a scenic café that sells delicious home made cakes and has speciality seeds for sale.  It also has a large nursery with  unusual plants.    It's well worth a visit.    

I was kidding about it being full, hence the smiley!!

Thanks for the tip about Plant World Gardens though. Have put it on the list for next week.

Cheddar Bridge campsite (Somerset) Monday to Thursday then on to The Holding Stables (Warwickshire) Friday to Sunday on a CC rally with the Worcs centre. Cheddar wasquite full but the rally in Warks had 15 units, Both areas were quite busy but ok. Great to get out and try both the caravan and the new car towing for the first time. Very happy with both, 

We are going to the CMC Sandringham site next Tuesday for 6 nights when the bank holiday is over , hope the weather warms up . We are home 5 days then off to High Hawsker for a week , after that we will try & get away more often .

2 hours ago, stevew1 said:

We are going to the CMC Sandringham site next Tuesday for 6 nights when the bank holiday is over , hope the weather warms up . We are home 5 days then off to High Hawsker for a week , after that we will try & get away more often .

Is that to Swan Farm, Steve? - with the Hare and Hounds at the bottom of the drive:) 

At home building gazebo and replacing fencing!

15 hours ago, P101 said:

Thanks for the tip about Plant World Gardens though.  Have put it on the list for next week.

The garden features in the 2 for 1 offer, a booklet enclosed in the May edition of Gardeners World which has been on sale in the shops since 15th April.   

https://www.gardenersworld.com/.../plant-world-gardens-2-for-1-entry

The magazine can also be ordered online for £6.99  from magsdirect.co.uk

I thought I had better mention that the garden is quite steep and is unsuitable for wheelchairs or disability scooters as the paths are narrow.  I was only able to go one third of the way down because of my arthritis but I could see lovely views of the garden from where I got to.   The garden had many varieties of perennial pelargoniums in bloom when we were there and the garden was filled with butterflies.   We spent a good deal of time just taking photos before going into the cafe for freshly ground coffee and cake.  We sat outside at the back and enjoyed the views from there.  We bought a lot of unusual seeds, took a catalogue and we then went into the garden centre where we bought some plants.   I hope you enjoy it there as much as we did.  

Edited by Paulines7

1 hour ago, richardandros said:

Is that to Swan Farm, Steve? - with the Hare and Hounds at the bottom of the drive:) 

Hi there , it is York House which is just over the road from the village where the pub is , we haven’t been there before so fingers crossed . It’s not far from the Cleveland way so a shortish walk into Robin Hoods bay & about 3 miles to Whitby , that’ll salve our consciences when we have our fish & chips 😊😊

https://yorkhousecaravanpark.co.uk/

1 hour ago, stevew1 said:

Hi there , it is York House which is just over the road from the village where the pub is , we haven’t been there before so fingers crossed . It’s not far from the Cleveland way so a shortish walk into Robin Hoods bay & about 3 miles to Whitby , that’ll salve our consciences when we have our fish & chips 😊😊

https://yorkhousecaravanpark.co.uk/

Steve - living on the Yorkshire coast, we know the area well. If you’re into fish and chips - I can thoroughly recommend Harper’s  on the A 64 just after the roundabout with A1039- south of Scarborough. (Look on Google maps). Well worth the trip from Whitby ( and a visit to Filey)  and I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed. We are currently on a CS just outside Malton and went there on Tuesday for our ‘whale and chips’😀

19 minutes ago, richardandros said:

Steve - living on the Yorkshire coast, we know the area well. If you’re into fish and chips - I can thoroughly recommend Harper’s  on the A 64 just after the roundabout with A1039- south of Scarborough. (Look on Google maps). Well worth the trip from Whitby ( and a visit to Filey)  and I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed. We are currently on a CS just outside Malton and went there on Tuesday for our ‘whale and chips’😀

We might give that a try Richard , I remember that area well , I believe there was a radar site nearby . I was Clerk of Works on new telecoms equipment for BT for a while & did a contract at Scarborough , I used to pass there every day on my way from Rotherham.

We only use top class chippies or recommendations these days , life’s too short & waistline to big to waste on dross 😡, if we are in Bridlington we use the ‘149’ .

18 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

We might give that a try Richard , I remember that area well , I believe there was a radar site nearby . I was Clerk of Works on new telecoms equipment for BT for a while & did a contract at Scarborough , I used to pass there every day on my way from Rotherham.

We only use top class chippies or recommendations these days , life’s too short & waistline to big to waste on dross 😡, if we are in Bridlington we use the ‘149’ .

That's RAF Staxton Wold Steve.  If you know '149' as we do (regular visitors to High Breame CL at Flamborough!) then Harper's is every bit as good if not better! Lot of hype about f&c in Whitby but not that good in our experience.

2 hours ago, richardandros said:

That's RAF Staxton Wold Steve.  If you know '149' as we do (regular visitors to High Breame CL at Flamborough!) then Harper's is every bit as good if not better! Lot of hype about f&c in Whitby but not that good in our experience.

👍👍

• 3 weeks later...

St Ives bay holiday park after a 360mile tow from Essex yesterday. Only about 4 other caravans & motorhomes here so nice & quiet. Do us for a couple of weeks or more anyway. :)

Home farm, Kewstoke. 

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

And of course today is the great bog & shower reopening ! :D

On 27/04/2021 at 17:35, Allan Guest said:

Weymouth?? Oh hang on, maybe they are not that desperate!! 
Maybe some decided to wait, as we have, till you can mix with others indoors or have seen tomorrow’s forecast!

Bagwell Farm, Chickerel just 4 miles from Weymouth 26th April. Heaven.

20210429_134208.jpg

20210429_123023.jpg

20210429_104634.jpg