So where is everyone?

We have just spent Sunday and Monday night at the Exeter racecourse CMC site, virtually empty. (10-15%max)  

Now at Hillhead CMC site and there are only about 40 units in total present :rolleyes: It’s rather spooky to be honest.

So where exactly are the hordes of people the media keep talking about who are desperate to get away??? 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting for weekends / school holidays :rolleyes:

It sounds ideal though!

Maybe some are waiting for the toilet blocks to be open.........

Just back from Delph Bank - plenty of spaces.

1 minute ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Maybe some are waiting for the toilet blocks to be open.........

CMC sites have toilet and washing facilities open, it’s just the showers that are closed off. 

Oh that's good news-I didn't think campsite toilets were opening until May.....Thanks for the info :-)

It is April, it is mid week, it is schooltime and today it is cold ❄ 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We were away from the 12th to the 18th at Waren Park in Northumberland, back home now as Mr. D has had work and Miss D school since the 19th.  We'll try to fit in the odd long weekend between now and the biggie summer break in Devon (all booked and paid for last September).

We managed 4 nights at a small farm site close to home from last Sunday, would have stayed longer but they were full from Thursday.

Managed to get in at C&CC Scone Palace, Perth for next weekend but only because there had been a cancellation!

Jim

Unfortunately we're tied to the reigns of school holidays so not out until end of May.  However I do a lot of cycling and the CL's and CS's I cycle past seem to be very full.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

15 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

We have just spent Sunday and Monday night at the Exeter racecourse CMC site, virtually empty. (10-15%max)  

Now at Hillhead CMC site and there are only about 40 units in total present :rolleyes: It’s rather spooky to be honest.

So where exactly are the hordes of people the media keep talking about who are desperate to get away??? 

Weymouth?? Oh hang on, maybe they are not that desperate!! 
Maybe some decided to wait, as we have, till you can mix with others indoors or have seen tomorrow’s forecast!

On Orchard CL in Bibury. Only two units today, but more arrive tomorrow. Has been full!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

On Saturday we returned  from  6 nights at  Clippesby Hall Norfolk , on the whole camp I counted a total of 12 caravans , from the comments at booking we expected the place to be rammed full , the only explanation  could be that after booking we were told the toilets and showers wouldn't be opening and would we like a refund , however   this didn't faze us  and decided to go ,but many people will not tolerate this and  perhaps cancelled causing the low turnout .

We were blessed with good weather and a peaceful camp happy days.

7 minutes ago, Allan Guest said:

Weymouth?? Oh hang on, maybe they are not that desperate!! 
Maybe some decided to wait, as we have, till you can mix with others indoors or have seen tomorrow’s forecast!

There are a large number who love Weymouth. Typical seaside town, fabulous beach for kiddies, lots of campsites in the area and simply loads to see and do within a short distance. 

Decent weather forecast for the SW mate! Just a slight chance of an odd shower if unlucky. We are at Hillhead till  the end of the week. Got another short break booked in Wiltshire for mid May then we are off for all of June, mostly around Norfolk and Suffolk (all sites already booked, just in case) 

Some foreign trips booked for later in the year. Cruise to Norway in Sept, looking iffy. Trip to Florida in October, again looking iffy and a cruise from Singapore to Freemantle in November, looking even more iffy as the Ozzie’s are talking about no foreigners being allowed in until early 2022  

Off to Yorks Wolds tomorrow for rally over BH. Then down to Henley on Thames CMC for 8 nights and then up to Chester for rally. Back home for a short while before marshalling a couple of rallies. 

Frank

This was meant more as a ‘Well the media are saying everyone is desperate to get away but that’s nit what I am seeing” rather than a “Where are you all staying” thread.

Good to see a few are away enjoying themselves though. 

We're also off to Drummohr near Musselburgh next month, making up for a cancelled booking from last year. Plus five nights in Ellesmere in Cheshire after our two weeks in Devon. 

(Sorry Mr.P, I guess folk just like to share. ;))

20 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

There are a large number who love Weymouth.

And I am sure after we visit in May we will join them! After that it’s two, two week rallies, in June and. Sept, with a mini UK Tour, well England and Scotland, in August.

Anything abroad would be a bonus but no high hopes.

Southport CMC site was near full when I drove past last week, our site near Garstang at the weekend was full.

All the CMC sites in the north west and Cumbria are booked up for the weekends, most of Yorkshire too.

1 hour ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

Southport CMC site was near full when I drove past last week, our site near Garstang at the weekend was full.

Our neighbours are on the Southport site, there’s a rally there which may explain why it’s busy. We’re not long back from a  favourite CL in Cheshire, 35 miles from home but could have been the other side of the world. Great walking from site. Our next outing is also to a favourite CL on the Shropshire- Herefordshire border, and from there to one in the Forest of Dean.

My mate who lives in Bury went to Burrs country park CC site last Wednesday . Just for a change of view!

Site was heaving on Friday and Saturday! Then all those who live in vans, as opposed to caravans went home! Site still over half full!

He left their today! Still busy.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

3 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Just down the road from you at Ramslade which is a total sell out 😁

The easterly wind has been bitterly cold. Nice afternoon at Coleton Fishacre today...

We love Coleton! Is the house open or just the gardens??

Last time we visited there was a chap playing the piano in the lounge. Boy was he good! Kept us enthralled for about an hour I think. Lovely house isn’t it. 

Sadly only the gardens are open but it was busy.