shower problems

SandraD

Any idea why the water turns cold half way through my shower?  This has only just started to happen,  we have a ABI spiritosa 2001

any help appreciated, thanks 

Making the assumption that you are a seasoned caravanner:

There is possibly a problem with the water heater. Maybe a thermostat is failing and is turning off the heating prematurely. Possibly a heating element is faulty or the electric supply is low. Maybe a gas burner is sooting up and in need of a service. Maybe the water flow rate is too high. There are so many variables, any one of which may be the root cause. For example; has the hot water system been left long enough to fully heat prior to using the shower? 

Making the assumption that you are newish to caravanning:

The supply of hot water in a caravan is limited to a couple of gallons, and so if you are running the shower continuously, it will soon run out, and as it takes time to warm up more, there will be a delay before more is available. Showering in a caravan required a different technique from showering at home, so after the initial soak, turn the shower off while soap is added, followed by a rinse off. If more than one person need to use the shower, leave a few minutes for the water to warm up again before the next person uses it. 

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Have you replaced either the pump or shower head, allowing more flow and simply using the water up quicker?

41 minutes ago, Stevan said:

Have you replaced either the pump or shower head, allowing more flow and simply using the water up quicker?

Good point Stevan

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi
remove the hose and reverse the connections to the mixer and shower head A kink in the internal plastic hose will give the same result If this works replace the hose

Dave

If the shower goes cold then you have used all of the hot water.  Either you are using more water than before or the water is not as hot as it used to be.  Have you checked the temperature of the hot water on its own, i.e. not blended with cold?