Heating problems. Bailey Phoenix 640

Message added by CT Advertising,

Prima logo.pngCheck out what the Truma iNet System from Prima Leisure can offer you.

No more cold nights in - be in control!

So every night we sit in the lounge area. Heating toasty warm at 22c. Truma blown air heating!

Dont touch anything and go to bed!

In the morning temperature has dropped to 15c so cold. Gas on and back to temperature in about 15 mins. Gas off and Electric 2 on. All good for the rest of the day!

Just cannot work out what is going on!

Any ideas please.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Do you have the control on top of the heater set to auto? If so set it to manual and you can then set the fan to run at slowest setting all night.

The electric element is a bit like a tubular kettle element sitting on the back of the unit with the fan behind it. There is a deflector assembly around the fan so that you can bias the blow either to the vents in the living area or towards the single outlet in the bathroom.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

22 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

Do you have the control on top of the heater set to auto? If so set it to manual and you can then set the fan to run at slowest setting all night.

The electric element is a bit like a tubular kettle element sitting on the back of the unit with the fan behind it. There is a deflector assembly around the fan so that you can bias the blow either to the vents in the living area or towards the single outlet in the bathroom.

Our control panel is on a panel above the sink. Far away from the Truma combi!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

You can set night time reduction Paul, double check - this link/vid is quite helpful.

https://www.truma.com/uk/en/faq/set-time-switch-on-cp-plus-inet-ready

If you're not sure you could do a full reset?

Do you have iNet fitted on that model? I know Bailey were including it on some models.

Cheers, Martin

have you checked what the control panel is set at, whether it's on manual or timed, if the heating is going on gas then electric then it must be on timed.  Get your hand book out , it's not to difficult to set up.

Paul

Having the identical caravan I can confirm I don’t have that problem ! As has been stated it would seem yours is somehow on timer and switches off at some point. We have our heating nice and toasty for the evening  and I then turn the temp control down for overnight with the timer set to warm it all up again for breakfast. 

read the manual ? 

Read the flippin manual ! 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Paul

Having the identical caravan I can confirm I don’t have that problem ! As has been stated it would seem yours is somehow on timer and switches off at some point. We have our heating nice and toasty for the evening  and I then turn the temp control down for overnight with the timer set to warm it all up again for breakfast. 

read the manual ? 

Read the flippin manual ! 

Andy. Manual is at home!

It is also taking over an hour to heat a boiler full of water on Gas and Electric 2.

Edited by PR1

The Bailey website has the manual on line to look at!! 

That seems a looong time to heat the water, I am sure mine heats up much quicker than that using just leccy 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

If you have the internet you could try searching on you tube on how to set up your programmer.

It might not be your problem but it will at least tick that off as being ok :-)