Best place to get gas regulator

Silverfish

Message added by CT Advertising,

clesse-320x120.jpg

Hello

im struggling to find a shop that sells gas regulators that aren’t for a bbq or blow torch. Does anyone know a place that sells them? Either a chain or in north east Somerset. Looking for propane.

Thanks

Gas regulator for Calor propane bottle is 37mb.  If there is no caravan shop or Go Outdoors near you then buy from a Ebay supplier.  I think same 37mb regulator is used for bbq anyway. Just check regulator is 37mb pol connection usually coloured red.

I’m assuming here you need regulator for bottle top or does your caravan have a bulkhead regulator ? If so you need a caravan shop but they will be on available from eBay suppliers as well.

Edited by Camperdom

Firstly, is this to replace a bulkhead mounted regulator. or a cylinder mounted regulator?

If the latter, and for use with the common POL connected bottle something like THIS should do.  It is the same as used for BBQs that use the same POL cylinders. These ought to be readily available at any camping, caravanning or motorhome dealers accessory "shop", though are not the current device fitted to modern caravans which favour a bulkhead unit. Pertinent is that it is a 30 or 37 mMbar pressure device.

The version suggested here has a rubber nose and hand wheel type of POL connection, this avoids needing a spanner that the metal nosed type require, IMO a benefit.

If the former a bulkhead mounted regulator, this would regulate to 30Mbar. These typically come in single or dual stage internal reduction stages.

THIS is an example.  These are neither propane or butane specific, suiting either gas.

Again bulkhead regulators will be readily available from the camping, caravanning & motorhome dealers, but I suspect very much more expensive brands.

Does your static have a similar setup to our tourers?

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

2 hours ago, Camperdom said:

Which is why  posters wanting help should give full details...

The OP’s profile (which is easy to see if you look) says it is a static so will be different to a tourer.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Sorry Steve. Next time I will look in the poster’s profile before trying to help them.  I apologise for not helping the poster enough & will do better in future. In fact I will do better right now.

For a static this could be required Here.  Hamilton gas have a help line who could probably advise you as well.

1 hour ago, Camperdom said:

Sorry Steve. Next time I will look in the poster’s profile before trying to help them.  I apologise for not helping the poster enough & will do better in future. In fact I will do better right now.

For a static this could be required Here.  Hamilton gas have a help line who could probably advise you as well.

With a static, if that implies a mobile home, does not legislation kick in and require an appropriately certified individual, to change the gas systems' regulator?

You can do your own gas work on your home brick or mobile. What you must not do unless qualified is do paid work for customers on gas installations. 

It is possible if you own a mobile home on a park then park regulations might require only a qualified person to work on your gas but we do not know the op’s circumstances. If their static is on their own land then it is not a difficult job to safely install a new regulator.

15 minutes ago, Camperdom said:

You can do your own gas work on your home brick or mobile.

Where do you get that idea from?

Static vans fall under Gas Safe regulations and as such must be worked on by a Gas Safe LPG engineer.

Sorry that is wrong. There is no law that states you cannot work on gas in your own home. If it goes wrong obviously your have to face the consequences but you are not breaking any law just by doing gas work on your own home. Obviously you cannot touch the meter but you are ok fixing your central heating boiler for example.

If you do paid work on homes brick or static mobile then you need to be qualified. Surprisingly perhaps you do not need any qualifications to do paid work on gas in a touring caravan. 

Edited by Camperdom

Where is your proof of what you say?

As a Gas Safe LPG engineer I totally disagree with your interpretation of what can and cannot be done.

As far as privately owned touring caravans are concerned an owner may do anything with the gas system as long as the van is not used by anyone other than the owner, anyone who charges to do work MUST be qualified to work on the relevant systems.

Start by googling “can I fix my own gas appliances in my own home”.  Read the various results. It is of course very much open to interpretation but you are breaking no criminal law simply by fixing appliances in your own home or installing a new regulator on your static. I speak of  jobs a competent diy’er might normally do not laying gas mains. Of course if the house explodes as a result & causes death or injury then you might have broken some other law.

As for working on a privately owned touring caravan gas for payment you do not need to be gas safe registered.  There are qualifications that caravan mechanics can gain but not legally required.

But why start a new argument when there is already an existing argument on the same subject on the forum already  ?  Here.   :D

Google is not your friend and you have taken what suits your agenda to promote unsafe and illegal practices as far as gas and static vans are concerned. I am not even prepared to go into domestic houses situations with you.

Yes there is a lesser qualification available for caravan engineers and it is legally required.

You stick to your thinking but do not advise others to do the same .

Just out of curiosity, are you Gas Safe LPG qualified?

Edited by Brecon