Queues at Primarks Stores at 7a.m. today

Unbelievable.

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

Quite understandable if all those queueing were in rags and tatters like someone out of a Dickens novel or a photograph of Victorian slums.......................but I bet they weren't.  😂

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

Debenhams in Colchester had a 300yd queue for their closing down sale. Mark’s & Sparks was fluid so good for us pensioners. :D

For some people shopping is addictive, and so it's no surprise people would do this. Same eccentric behavior as those going for a drink, sat outside a pub in freezing temperatures.

I find it bizarre but then I don't like shopping and prefer to drink at home or in the van.

This was lunch today outside a cafe near Hest Bank, Morecambe and looking towards Grange and overlooking some small hills. 

And the M6 North was chocker with caravans and mhomes so came back on A6 as M6 at J 36 was queued for miles.

IMG-20210412-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.c3f45ac4ce68451e1f85e3d63635ca35.jpeg

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Yes local reporter says 250 people queuing at 8 am this morning here at Primark.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

some folk on the news said that they were returning Christmas presents. We went out to look at some furniture and not all shops were open,

500 queuing at one point.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/19227245.bradford-bustling-shoppers-return-citys-streets/?fbclid=IwAR1ZU4ZZ48KKljLeEDWprN92vEVIhWZE6YS-cTAE1qvOdYNCUX9Omid6Mr4

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Going through a couple of towns in Lincolnshire this morning on the way here, we couldn't believe the queues outside barber shops.

We're currently on a small 15-pitch site and it's half full already, mostly motorhomes.

2017 Lunar Solaris 462, Mercedes B200 Exec CDI Auto

Yep, queues at our barber  shops in town today. All men needing an overdue hair cut.

My hairdresser had been snipping away since 8am today. :D

8 hours ago, Silversurf said:

Quite understandable if all those queueing were in rags and tatters

No...........that’s on the way out!!

McDonalds have had queues causing traffic jams. The one near us the queue was jamming up the roundabout and causing tail backs. Are their cheeseburgers that good?

macafee2

1 hour ago, Allan Guest said:

No...........that’s on the way out!!

Nice one. Had a good chuckle at that :D:D

We are shopping isolating for the next week at least and online ordering if necessary.  A wise choice I reckon hearing about the mayhem.

40 minutes ago, macafee2 said:

McDonalds have had queues causing traffic jams. The one near us the queue was jamming up the roundabout and causing tail backs. Are their cheeseburgers that good?

macafee2

Err. No - in my opinion and their muffin egg whatits is like chewing a fence post and less tasty. Dreadful.

Edited by BOAC

I cycled through town yesterday lunch time & folks were queuing to get into Wetherspoons. I drove past again in the evening & there were still queues. I miss going out but not that much!

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

8 hours ago, BOAC said:

We are shopping isolating for the next week at least and online ordering if necessary.  A wise choice I reckon hearing about the mayhem.

Unfortunately what is happening in the shops was so predictable, and indeed understandable, but was totally avoidable if people generally had considered the bigger picture before acting the way they have.

As soon as the change in restrictions were announced for 12th April, we agreed that we would continue to shop online for the foreseeable future, despite the desire to return to a more normal situation. Similarly we also took the decision not to rush out on day one to a campsite, or to try and get a hair cut straight away, but to let things settle down before venturing forth. We have effectively been trapped at home since February 2020, so a couple more weeks is of little consequence if it is what's needed to keep us all safe.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

I find shopping boring, tedious and generally unpleasant!

Some people like to shop, and thats how our economy works.

Who are we to judge how and where they choose to do it!

Some get their jollies from shopping so good luck them cos it is none of my business.

Edited by Grandpa Steve
On 13/04/2021 at 08:33, meadowsweet said:

Moi aussi.

I looked in Primark once, there was nothing  that appealed to me.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

1 hour ago, 664DaveS said:

Moi aussi.

:lol::D so you wont be going there then

On 12/04/2021 at 13:04, Silversurf said:

Quite understandable if all those queueing were in rags and tatters like someone out of a Dickens novel or a photograph of Victorian slums.......................but I bet they weren't.  😂

Many of the people are queuing to buy rags and tatters these days 

On 13/04/2021 at 07:44, Gordon said:

Unfortunately what is happening in the shops was so predictable, and indeed understandable, but was totally avoidable if people generally had considered the bigger picture before acting the way they have.

As soon as the change in restrictions were announced for 12th April, we agreed that we would continue to shop online for the foreseeable future, despite the desire to return to a more normal situation. Similarly we also took the decision not to rush out on day one to a campsite, or to try and get a hair cut straight away, but to let things settle down before venturing forth. We have effectively been trapped at home since February 2020, so a couple more weeks is of little consequence if it is what's needed to keep us all safe.

If the vast majority of the population understood common sense like that, we would not have had to endure the extent of the trauma of the last year. 

Quite so.
Click and collect from the supermarket has been a revelation to us...which we will continue.

2 hours ago, 664DaveS said:

Moi aussi.

Seventh Circle of Hell.

Snap