Only us two, the dog, and our packed lunch to go in tomorrow.

no idea what the roads will be like, expecting anything to be honest, could sail through or could be really busy. All being well though, we’ll be sleeping in our static tomorrow night 😁

we intend to stay for probably ten nights, have to come home then for my second jab, hopefully his second jab, and haircuts. Then it will be back to our little piece of heaven for anything up to six weeks. 

Anyone else heading to their static tomorrow? How long will you stay?

Not a static but off with the van to morrow. Only two hours away as like you I have to come back for my second jab. Had a busy few days getting it ready and now can't wait to go. Just to walk somewhere different will be wonderful even if we can't do pub lunches and cream teas. Probably better for my waist line anyway.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

17 minutes ago, LongTimeCaravaner said:

off with the van to morrow.

Hope it all goes well for you Jenny.  Not long before I'm off myself.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

We are off tomorrow too. The daughter is booked in for a C section tomorrow so the timing of allowing us to travel and stay in the van has worked out well. My signature should change tomorrow with another grandson arriving. :)

Coachman VIP 575. Mercedes ML 250 auto, One wife, three kids, five Grandkids.

We’re off for a week to our potential park. Have put down a holding deposit and have plenty of time to check the van out in person (had various video tours) and check out the pitch options. Allgoing well will sign the paperwork this week. Very exciting 

We are off today.

Not in the caravan but to the Dealers to see the new caravan which arrived from the factory last week.

Current van in tomorrow for appraisal and mover swap, and Tuesday next week the collection day - can’t wait!

Just had a quick glance of the M5 cameras heading SW to Devon/Cornwall and all looks calm thus far, in fact not a caravan or motorhome in sight! (yet)  I had reports last night of quite a few heading down late hours and fairly busy service stations; motorhomes mainly they said. 

To all those going away have a great time and pack warm clothes :D

Cheers, Martin

Well I hope everyone had as safe and trouble free journey as we did.

Set off a bang on 9.30am and arrived on site at 12.45pm with just one loo stop in the 200 mile journey.

We were expecting it to take a fair bit longer due to possible heavy traffic but in the event the roads were just average for a Monday, maybe even a bit quieter. Didn’t see as many tourers or motorhomes as we expected to either.

The site is very quiet, something else we didn’t expect, but we’re not complaining! It never gets very busy but is exceptionally quiet given it’s the first day of opening, perhaps most folk are waiting till the weekend.

We’ve unpacked, made the bed, taken dog 🐶for a lovely walk along the river and are now sitting with feet up, whiskey for him, margarita for me, before I throw a homemade cottage pie in the oven for our tea.

Makes it seem like life is really getting if not back to normal, at least a darn sight better than it has been over the last 12 months 🥳🥃🍸

just booked for Jedburgh, this will be our 1st time in the caravan, also booked for north Yorkshire, and the isle of Arran, going to Arran on the motorbike though 

Up bright and early after our first night in our rental van. It’s an Atlas. Simple but new and very clean. Love the site and due to view our new van on pitch tomorrow. It’s an ABI Ashcroft 2015. Fingers crossed all ok. 
We had a great drive up yesterday. Made a detour to Southwold in East Sussex for some after sun on the beach, before heading over to the park.  Very well organised and was great just to sit outside the bar in the sun and to have a pint. Like normal times 

Tonks, I’m so pleased your trip is living up to expectations, bet you can hardly wait till tomorrow.

It does indeed make it all seem like normal times, and of course the bright sunny weather helps too.

We were up early today too, got down to minus 2 here overnight but we were cosy and warm. Click and collect has to be collected shortly then we can set about a bit of sorting out.

We have our own garden at our static and part of the fence had blown down. We shored it up yesterday as we have a dog but it does need replacing this season so that’s a priority.

Other than that, it’s dusting, window cleaning, high pressure hosing the decking and paving, all cosmetic really but necessary.

And a long walk with the dog to the lock where other half was a volunteer lock keeper for a few years, catch up with everyone there.

Happy days 😁

Just so nice to be out in the countryside with a different view. Everything working okay, including the sun 🌞 

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

It’s all gone so quickly but by heck we’ve sooo enjoyed being here 😊

Will be doing a bit of packing tomorrow ready for the journey home on Wednesday, ready for jab 2 on Thursday afternoon.

Dog has so enjoyed all the walks he’s had down here, and we’ve so enjoyed the change of scene and catching up with everyone on site.

Hopefully, all being well, we’ll be back down again in two weeks and stay for three or four weeks next time.

Thank goodness for our static, it’s made us appreciate having it even more than we already did 👍

I'm glad you've enjoyed it do much. I'm jealous! 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

41 minutes ago, Vaguely said:

Will be doing a bit of packing tomorrow ready for the journey home on Wednesday,

I've been doing a bit of packing today - and the day before.   I'm off with the caravan hitched tomorrow.   It seems so long ago since I hitched on, I've almost forgotten what to do. :blink:   Can't wait!

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com