How can I reduce the pipe & pressure to use normal hose for my water supply.

Tom robonson

Hi I'm putting my touring caravan on a static pitch for the season, the water supply pipe is set up for the static, how can I reduce the pipe and pressure to use normal a hose for my water supply. 

• Jay changed the title to Putting Van on a Seasonal Pitch

The site owners can probably advise and may well supply a garden bibcock style tap on a pole to use to fill the caravan water containers from.   They'll have tame plumbers to do it for you if not?

NB you cannot connect mains water  direct to a caravan plumbing system. 

Plumbers merchants and places like Toolstation or Screwfix will keep the bits needed, probably.

Most statics I've seen take water in at 22mm (or 15mm) in copper or plastic pipe from the blue MDPE pipework's stop tap.  So I'd expect the stop tap to have a connector for 22 or 15mm pipework?  YMMV.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Hi Tom,  presumably its blue water pipe possibly 25mm MDPE - what has it got on the end, is it just capped off? a stop-tap?

A photo may help us.

Cheers, Martin

• Steven changed the title to How can I reduce the pipe & pressure to use normal hose for my water supply.

Pressure reducing valve - depend on your caravan water inlet type to some extent. 

Whale Watermaster https://www.whalepumps.com/rv/product.aspx?Category_ID=10005&Product_ID=11&FriendlyID=Watermaster-Mains is one option

Or a mains-float valve in a water container to drop the existing caravan pump/inlet into: 

https://colapz.co.uk/collections/water-containers/products/fresh-mini-starter-kit is one 

and here's some others

https://bigwhitebox.co.uk/product-category/fresh-water/caravan-mains-water-kit/

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Hi I'm putting the van on a pitch set up for a static van, the water pipe is set up for mains fixing. How do i get it to fix onto my ordinary hose . 

The danger with direct connection water fitting to caravan is risk of malfunction resulting in flooded caravan. 

The words "ordinary hose" ring warning bells to those who are involved in potable [ie drinking] water supplies.

It implies "garden hose", such hose is totally unsuitable on health grounds for drinking water supplies, and the situation is compounded in a static caravan application.

It potentially has plasticisers that present serious health risk as they leach into the water. When left static and warmed by sunshine, this leaching process accelerates.

You need food grade hose, and here one coloured to minimise biological growth.

Put the mains water into the side of the Aquaroll with a mains water kit. 

That way you will never have to fill the Aquaroll, always have water available, without the risk of mains pressure water inside your van - with its attendant risks. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion