What are the best caravan blogs or online magazine sites

vanman90

Hi, I buy caravan magazines but I am trying to find some good caravan blogs and caravan magazine sites to follow and social media accounts. Can you please recommend the good ones, thanks

10 minutes ago, Flatcoat888 said:

Isn’t this one good enough?! ?

yes but i wanted to read about the latest news and reviews

I doubt there is one that covers everything. I sometimes look at ‘Caravan’ magazine website and other times Practical Caravan. It probably depends on what specific aspect you are seeking information as to which is better. I doubt there is one holy grail source. 

I follow The Trudgians on YouTube. 
Full of facts and helpful guides. 
Even does reviews on products 

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Social media -

blogs - Trudgians have been mentioned (they also have an excellent Youtube channel with lots of fixes, upgrades and tips) and Horton Common  

Youtube channels - Trudgians, The Caravan Nut, and Andrew Ditton   I occasionally look at Bob Earnshaws channel for the approaches to many CMC sites

22 hours ago, vanman90 said:

yes but i wanted to read about the latest news and reviews

The majority of any magazine publisher will only publish online snippets. 
Reason... so you have to subscribe to get the full article. You won't get much for nothing

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

it depends on your focus.

I used to love Andrew Ditton and his terrier, but as he no longer travels, whats the hook of interest.

Trudgens are great, but theres sales pitch to a lot of his stuff, ssso as its not my sort of hook again i dont bother anymore. Again they also dont travel much, ( does not mean covid affects)

There was another couple with a dog,  called  "here we tow" they own or are tied to a caravan sales firm and as such great but very very biased on products and vans,but no longer own a caravan and committed channel suicide by youtube, some great historic videos though.

Theres loads of YT Channels rebuilding caravans, but most at best would be described as bodging it and covering over issues. Theres a few worth while blogs though.

for someone thats actually got up and is travelling rather than pontification, try the brilliant, "world wide walkies"

they are in Poland right now still travelling. As well as long tern travel in a caravan they are also dog owners and explain the issues with the pets as well, which as a pet owner is a massive plus as most are dog unfriendly or dog indifferent Theres a massive difference of travel with pets as to those without pets

Theres hundreds of kids trying to blog and vlog from vans but have terrible ideas for content and whilst o love free videos from phones as well as expensive productions, unless the content is good, its hard to justify watching them. the lack of research on a topic also shows poorly. it takes a video of a person talking tot he camera with no knowledge on a topic and turns into a video of endurance rather then enjoyment.

Pretty well anyone on instagram is just vlogging pictures of their perfect holiday and travel, with little or no reality at all. facebook is very similar, they are after the next sound bite or picture post or video intro post.

yes you can argue that due to covid the room to travel or caravan is zero but i strongly disagree.i still see caravans on roads as well as on campsites. there are many people legally doing so and have done so for the whole of the last 12 months, caravan sales are through the roof so are caravan equipment and parts, bookings are massive right now as well the room for writting stuff is vast

On 07/04/2021 at 12:57, vanman90 said:

Hi, I buy caravan magazines but I am trying to find some good caravan blogs and caravan magazine sites to follow and social media accounts. Can you please recommend the good ones, thanks

Although they have switched from Caravanning to Motorhoming now, the site I have enjoyed the most is that of David & Margaret Klyne. Full of facinating journeys, and beautiful photographs.   http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/

Just a thought on watching some of the YouTube channels, not just on Caravan/Motorhome topics but others such as gardening, car reviews and finance.

I do think they go on a bit about nothing to fill out the video, before getting to the subject matter. 

Is this due to having to have a certain length of video or the amount uploaded,  as many are there to make some money from it, rather than just making a diary type or an informative video.

I think it was in an article last year that Charles Dowding of 'no dig' fame (if you are not a veg grower then you may not have heard of him) made nearly £30k from Youtube last year.

Back to topic, there's another couple of channels to have a look at: Andrew and Karens Adventure - just changing from a MH to a caravan and Poshcats - these are not too bad and some good site look arounds

Also https://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk/. I think they were members on CT but dont have a van now.

Edited by ian16527

Both magazines have web sites that show the news, but they are someway behind the magazines, so it is often not that up to date. Blogs also appear on the Practical Caravan site, but they are by their own writers.

There are blogs by members on the CAMH site you that can access, but many people seem to put what should be posts on the forum on the blogs bit.

That apart following someone on YOU tube is probably the answer.

For honest no sales pitch reviews of caravans try Andrew Jeninson Caravan Expert.

If its travelogues the TRUDGIANS are ok. JAYDUG has some wonderful blogs on here, very informative and an excellent read with loads of photos

Edited by lunarloopy
adding to post

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her