Great get away

Was thinking of getting away on the 12th.

All caravan systems tested in readiness.

Weather forecast for that week not looking all that good, lots of rain forecast.

Think we might stay home a bit longer.

Here in The Lakes the infection rate is very low as we have had no visitors for months. I fear that after next week, the rate will rise as tourists arrive and deaths will increase as a result. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

40 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Here in The Lakes the infection rate is very low as we have had no visitors for months. I fear that after next week, the rate will rise as tourists arrive and deaths will increase as a result. 

Blimey, someone is a happy bunny!  I'm not sure us - one pensioner and one a few years off who have both been vaccinated, observe social distance and wear masks are going to cause "deaths".  Walking the fells?

Not everyone is in the fortunate position of living in a beautiful part of the countryside and a National Park to boot (although Worcestershire has its share).

48 minutes ago, WispMan said:

I think the rate is pretty low across the whole of the UK now. 16.6 cases per 100k population in our county of Caerphilly and we were very high just a couple of months ago. As long as everyone remains sensible we have a fair chance of living alongside this virus. 

4 hours ago, SamD said:

Not according to the rules.

Members of the same household can take a holiday in England in self-contained accommodation

Yes, you’re welcome to come to Wales from the 12th. Campsites in Wales have been taking bookings for English residents with effect from this date. 

16 hours ago, OWOMW said:

So, are we allowed to travel from England into Wales from the 12th ?

Yes you are.

Quite interesting,reading all this.

I live near Bewdley,Worcestershire.

A campsite close to the Stourport road has had caravans and motorhomes coming and going all this year, I only pass it once a week and notice the new  comings and goings.

I live near the b4194 and a steady stream of caravans and motorhomes go up and down often, especially throughout Easter.

They must all be going to the dealers I suppose for service!

We are hoping to go to Wiltshire to a small site 16/19 April for a start 

It could well be that the occupants are ‘full timing” or are using their caravans or motorhomes as accommodation in regards to their work which requires them to move around a lot. Both of which are specific exemptions for caravan use at present. They could of course be flouting the law, but that could have serious implications for the site operators if indeed they are aware (which would be nigh on impossible to prove :angry:

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

1 hour ago, WispMan said:

We had crowds visiting Formby over the weekend, the NT closed the car parks as they were full so many parked in adjacent roads. Hardly surprising given people have been stuck in, the main issue for us is the litter left behind rather than infection rates as it's easy enough to avoid the crowds.

I suspect the easing of lockdown is partly due to infection rates lowering but also because the hospital cases are decreasing, the whole point was to protect the NHS . I would imagine many traders relying on tourism will be pleased.

3 hours ago, Gordon said:

While seeing that many understandably want to get away as soon as possible it is encouraging to also read of a more cautious approach.

Our approach is that we will not be going away till we have had the second vaccine dose and two weeks have elapsed.

That will be 17th May and we are booked  for a week with friends on a site in Dorset from that date, the July trip will be our third outing with a two week rally booked for June.

Waited a long time so we will be heading off to Keswick on the 12th. Surprised that the club have just confirmed to us first arrival time of 1.00pm as usual. I would have thought given that they shouldn't have any customers exiting the site that they would have welcomed earlier arrivals to spread out what will no doubt be a real rush of a full site worth of vans arriving.  I can envisage a considerable queue forming. Still mine is not to reason why . . . 

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

1st of May for us - Derby to Scarborough and will be there with our caravan in support of our son and his husband who have just bought a small motorhome and will be using it for the first time. It's a Ford Connect van conversion so only just enough room to sleep in and they can't stand up in it so they have also got an awning, toilet tent and solar powered shower (!!) so I guess they will be spending most of the weekend in our van . . . . . 

The 1st is also the day we are both due for our second jab. NHS helpline would not change the date for us and it was a case of use it or lose it, so we will turn up at the Derby Arena at 8.00am with van in tow, hope the security staff don't think we are travellers, and then we can get on our way by 8.30am. There is a Greggs next door so it will be bacon cobs and coffee for breakfast !

2 hours ago, KnausCol said:

Waited a long time so we will be heading off to Keswick on the 12th. Surprised that the club have just confirmed to us first arrival time of 1.00pm as usual. I would have thought given that they shouldn't have any customers exiting the site that they would have welcomed earlier arrivals to spread out what will no doubt be a real rush of a full site worth of vans arriving.  I can envisage a considerable queue forming. Still mine is not to reason why . . . 

Which club are you with, CMC emailed me to say arrival from 9.00 on the 12th 

6 minutes ago, mjohns4 said:

Which club are you with, CMC emailed me to say arrival from 9.00 on the 12th 

This was CCC confirming 1.00pm arrival for Keswick site

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

We're not going until the 14th - nothing necessarily to do with avoiding the rush - more a question of Ros having a hairdressing appointment on the 13th and who am I to argue with that:rolleyes:

Off to our favourite CS, just over an hour away from home - 5 vans in 2 acres, so loads of room.  I have a strong suspicion we will be staying on site quite a lot if last year is anything to go by since all the usual tourist spots were absolutely rammed. Just looking forward to a change of scenery.

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

Battle CMC site from the 14th April for 5 days. Hope it warms up a bit. 

Strangely, when the first lockdown was eased I felt very nervous about going out in the caravan and it wasn’t until August, and then with some trepidation, that we ventured a whole 20 miles from home to a  CL just over the border into Wales. A huge field with as much social distancing as anyone would care to imagine. After two jabs, I feel much more confident at this easing of restrictions and we are therefore booked into a (smaller) CL next week.