7 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

There is nothing like being amongst caring, tolerant and understanding members of society who embrace diversity and openly encourage freedom of choice.........and this is nothing like it. ūü§¨

Hear! Hear!

• Steven locked this topic
  • Steven unlocked this topic
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email a week ago that my site will open today 12th, to vans, campers, motor homes etc. that have their own onboard facilities, with the usual explanation of safe distancing, notifying who is arriving, when, any contact with Covid and so on.

I got an email earlier on this morning from a friend on the site, his van is stored over winter there and is pulled onto his seasonal pitch on the 1st of March, who had travelled down this morning with his wife, approx. 200+ miles to have a week to set up, check everything, get a bit of stock in.

The reason for his email was that he was annoyed that though it was open, the toilets, laundry, dish washing, showers, children's play area were closed.

I phoned him up and asked him had he read the email we all got, yes he had, had he not noticed the paragraph about the closures of facilities, no he hadn't and where did it say that, I said that it was just over half way down and read it out to him, his reply, oh I just speed read it thinking it was mainly about the Covid site rules which I know from last year,

Not a great problem you may think, but they always use the site facilities, have never washed a pot, used the shower and only use the toilet at night in pure desperation or if it is raining, their pitch is a short distance from the facilities so they use the site toilets during the night.

I foresee a return home in 24 hours or less.

How come CMC are opening toilet blocks (excluding showers) and communal washing and laundry areas.

Just because a site can open toilets doesn’t mean they have to. The CMC have made a decision to open toilets, other operators may choose not to. 

5 minutes ago, hp100425ev said:

How come CMC are opening toilet blocks (excluding showers) and communal washing and laundry areas.

There's a thread on it - new guidance came out with new set of rules - not all CMC sites can comply - many commercial doing some parts and not others.

7 minutes ago, hp100425ev said:

I have no idea having never used CMC etc.

However this excerpt from my site explains it all, some sites will be bound, as below, to government rules, others, depending on their government, may be allowed to open everything subject to a cleaning regime, which they may not be able to attain due to cost, time, manpower and others may decide to see how things pan out for a week or two before committing themselves, perchance there is another lockdown as last year. 

TRAVEL INTO / OUT OF WALES 

‚ÄėFrom¬†Monday 12 April 2021,¬†subject to the health conditions remaining favourable,¬†the rules will be changed to allow travel into and out of Wales from the rest of the United Kingdom.¬†

Holiday caravans, touring caravans, motorhomes, and campervans where they have their own on-board shower, WC and kitchen facilities are allowed. All shared facilities, aside from water and disposal points will remain closed including toilets, shower blocks, launderette, dishwashing areas.’  

Please find attached additional Park Rules regarding covid-19 updated on 5th April 2021, these are in addition to our existing Park Rules.  

Please note that the government guidance can change, and our Park Rules will be updated from time to time in accordance with the rules

your friend is not alone in this, I expect you have heard the expression, when all else fails , read the instructions.   As the post above shows that the rules are different in England and Wales, which I think makes things more , not difficult to understand, more annoying I think, that the countries of the UK cannot agree on these things.  

2 hours ago, joanie said:

your friend is not alone in this, I expect you have heard the expression, when all else fails , read the instructions.   As the post above shows that the rules are different in England and Wales, which I think makes things more , not difficult to understand, more annoying I think, that the countries of the UK cannot agree on these things.  

If your nation is a part of a union but it is given, or has taken certain powers for itself then it's highly likely that they will all make different choices. Some may be because they see their particular situation as different from others in the union and they are doing what they consider is right for their population. Others may be politically motivated to create division within the union because that nations government don't like the union. However I suspect that all can still make a case that the differences are justified by the need to protect their citizens under the conditions that pertain in their nation.

Sadly, even after more than a year of this, there are still folk that don't understand it.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

3 hours ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

If your nation is a part of a union but it is given, or has taken certain powers for itself then it's highly likely that they will all make different choices. Some may be because they see their particular situation as different from others in the union and they are doing what they consider is right for their population. Others may be politically motivated to create division within the union because that nations government don't like the union. However I suspect that all can still make a case that the differences are justified by the need to protect their citizens under the conditions that pertain in their nation.

Sadly, even after more than a year of this, there are still folk that don't understand it.

it's no wonder then that the EU  didn't work with 28 countries when we only have 4  :rolleyes::D

1 hour ago, joanie said:

it's no wonder then that the EU  didn't work with 28 countries when we only have 4  :rolleyes::D

In a sense the EU is the same as the UK. Certain things were the EU's responsibility and it tries to get agreement between the member nations and negotiate compromises where they can't initially agree, or the project gets dropped if no compromise can be achieved. Certain things were each nation's responsibility and they could do what they wanted in those areas.

The UK is slightly different in that the UK government is also the English government, whereas the EU government doesn't run a country as well. And the UK government can ignore the other member nations and insist they do things within the UK's areas of control, even if the nation doesn't agree to it.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Morris Leisure have opened some central facilities including toilets and shared washing/cleaning facilities (excluding showers) at their sites in Shropshire including - Oxon Touring Park (Shrewsbury), Ludlow Touring Park (Ludlow) and Stanmore Hall Touring Park (Bridgnorth), Welsh sites are still excluded.

Saved us a planned cancellation at Oxon in 2 weeks time. :)

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

We are on the C&CC site at Blackmore, its fairly busy but not full. The facilities are not open, but we are quite happy using our own. 

Alde heating keeping us cosy. It was actually sunny today so we walked into Hanley Swan and were able to have a couple  of pints sitting in the sunny pub garden!:)

The CMC site next door is not full either.

I think their loos are open.  We get the over 60s discount so went on C&CC. We have used CMC site as well.

We were not able to get a hardstanding as they are fully booked later in the week.

The grass is fine and has dried out . One or two pitches are not in use as they are a bit boggy.

Nice to get away.

Edited by 664DaveS
23 hours ago, joanie said:

countries of the UK cannot agree on these things.  

I don't want to turn this into a political debate but if ever there was a time for a united front within Britain and Northern Ireland, then this last year has been it. Sadly this has not been demonstrated, and instead of devolved powers being used, it would have been far better in my opinion if the four countries have been involved jointly in defining a common response to this pandemic.

Keeping the same rules throughout the UK would certainly have aided people's understanding, and minimised the number who have made up their own mind over what has or has not been permitted.

Personally I have stuck rigidly to the rules that applied to me in England, even though this has been most inconvenient by being restricted (as an individual, not as a business) from travel into Wales and Scotland, both of which I would have entered briefly (and perfectly safely) during the last year had it been permitted. 

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I am using the CMC for figuring out what's happening on sites. Wales went into lock down 2 weeks earlier than England, and Wales opened the sites earlier but only for the people of Wales, but England have opened the toilets where as Wales is still closed . The pubs are open in England but closed in Wales and so it goes on, the only thing they agreed on was to both open up to travel. When we have close family living in both countries it is difficult keeping up with it all.

30 minutes ago, joanie said:

When we have close family living in both countries it is difficult keeping up with it all.

That is so true.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

The last information from SAGE was that a third wave is still likely:

This is because there will be people in vulnerable groups who do not have direct protection (either because they have not been vaccinated, or because vaccination does not fully prevent infection or illness), and there is not sufficient indirect protection from wider population immunity (medium-high confidence).

Even those vaccinated are not completely safe, but the program has reduced pressure on the NHS. I think there is a danger that if all facilities were fully opened now it could 'open the floodgates', especially as the sites are reaching full capacity, and not everyone will sanitise or keep distance, especially in the evenings when the wine is in full flow.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in North Wales over the weekend and as expected the toilet block was closed. Now the toilets,showers etc on our caravan park  are always spotless at the best of times and  over the last 12 months they were cleaned even more. So, I would feel much safer using  these toilets than the public toilets in Wales which hundreds of people use on a daily basis and are possibly not cleaned as often as the toilets on caravan parks. I find it incredible that there is Talk of overseas travel to some countries possibly being allowed soon yet caravan parks cannot open up their amenities .

As has been reported earlier, Caravan Club toilets are mostly open (but not showers).

Not  in Wales I'm afraid.

Toilets and showers have been open since 26 April when the CMC sites in Scotland re-opened.  The rubber band method of number control in the facilities was in place when we spent last week at Balbirnie Park and face masks were required.  The facilities block was immaculate as always and everyone seemed aware of the requirements and glad to be out and about again.

6 minutes ago, burstneraddict said:

Toilets and showers have been open since 26 April when the CMC sites in Scotland re-opened.  The rubber band method of number control in the facilities was in place when we spent last week at Balbirnie Park and face masks were required.  The facilities block was immaculate as always and everyone seemed aware of the requirements and glad to be out and about again.

I'm sure this could work just as well in Wales.

On 10/04/2021 at 13:32, TonyandKaren said:

Hear! Hear!

+1.

I think it's May 17th when the showers can be used.

We were at a C&CC site on 12 April, which  had facilities closed while CMC had loos open.

We are going to a CMC site next week so loos should be available but we will have to use the van shower. Yet second week should be more facilities available.

Govt rules I guess!

The wristband system worked fine last year.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 04/05/2021 at 08:42, hymermad said:

Not  in Wales I'm afraid.

it's just been confirmed that all sites in Wales can now be fully open:) from 17th May

Edited by joanie