22 hours ago, Legal Eagle said:

I don't think there can be any misunderstanding on what is meant by campsite shared indoor facilities.

weird hey!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

"covidiots" has been a term oft used over the past 12 months or so in reference to those who behave selfishly or in an otherwise anarchical way toward the guidelines and  regulations.

At no time did I mention or imply anything  related specifically to  "under 50s", "young people" or " under 16s".   Read the post again.

The Macmillan dictionary defines “covidiot” as “an insulting term for someone who ignores health advice about COVID-19."

You made a sweeping statement that encompassed everyone not fully vaccinated regardless of the reason, be it deliberate refusal or ineligibility, labelling them all covidiots. That includes the under 50s and children.

Well I'm disappointed Legal Eagle.  

Your second paragraph expands upon the concise definition to the extent it contradicts your first..   Lets move on shall we.

As I am waiting to be called for my second jab (first was in January) I am not yet "fully jabbed up".

So that makes me a covidiot does it ?

On 27/03/2021 at 14:18, JCCD said:

I'm of the opposite opinion, why people would use their caravan toilet and not the site ones is beyond me!

Unfortunately, due to Crohn's Disease and subsequent surgery, I am one of those people who need to use their own facilities. If I had to go to the toilet block, there would be a new path worn from my van to the toilet block in a couple of days.

On 27/03/2021 at 14:18, JCCD said:

I'm of the opposite opinion, why people would use their caravan toilet and not the site ones is beyond me!

Do you use an outside toilet at home?

Think a time out is required, stay away from conversations on politics, religion and campsite toilets.

14 hours ago, WispMan said:

The law allows local authorities to grant licences to landowners for campers, tents, caravans up to a max of 5. These are certified. The Caravan Club call theirs Certified Locations (CLs) and the Camping and Caravanning Club call theirs Certified Sites (CSs).

CCC state "Our Certificated Sites only accommodate up to 5 caravans or motorhomes and up to 10 tents at any one time."  https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/UKCS/smallsites/

Presumably within the same Law?

Neither of us would feel easy with knowing what would be festering just a few feet away from our bed headboard.

Doesn't happen at home, not going to happen whilst away but each to there own.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

26 minutes ago, Griff said:

Neither of us would feel easy with knowing what would be festering just a few feet away from our bed headboard.

What, you do not keep a potty under the bed or a shovel handy in case you can not make it to the bathroom :D. I am with you though, site facilities are for number 2s and showers.

Just to chip in my 2p, I think I read that one of the main differences with toilets and shower blocks (ie, toilets in pubs and supermarkets vs campsite blocks) is the presumed humidity in a shower block making it much easier for virus deposits to remain 'viable' for longer. 

Having been caravanning a long time, I remember some French sites had the squatter type loos. Not so pleasant to use! 

Caravan one preferable for the wife! Or for  no 2 for me!

Not so many around these days.

I suspect aircraft loos present more of a risk than a campsite one especially on long haul flights! 

Edited by 664DaveS

It is important to remember that legislation and good practice under specific circumstances do not necessarily align.

Sites will always want to be fully open, but most want to remain within the regulations, although some will bend the rules.

Good practice would suggest further precautions on top.

30 minutes ago, 664DaveS said:

Having been caravanning a long time, I remember some French sites had the squatter type loos. Not so pleasant to use! 

I suspect aircraft loos present more of a risk than a campsite one especially on long haul flights! 

Aircraft themselves pose significant risks, cramming so many people into an aluminium tube with limited ventilation cannot be good!

4 hours ago, Griff said:

Yeah Griff , but it’s festering a few feet the other direction anyway ,😎😎😎😎

42 minutes ago, 664DaveS said:

I used to enjoy the squatter type loos in France in the 70’s , you certainly had a better ‘ empty ‘ , must be the different angle . Couldn’t use one now though , knees wouldn’t take it 😄😄

I’ve just been sent this which is from a site in Cornwall (posted 5 hrs ago) but can find no news officially? Apparently GOV updated policy on Monday and Cornwall council have then written to sites today (Tue) . The last post here also suggests similar 

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/uk-sites-touring/amenity-blocks-closed-until-17th-may/?p=40

image.thumb.jpeg.1c54d057954938d7158b058501d3b2f3.jpeg

Cheers, Martin

I have just, in the last hour, received the CMC email which clearly states that site shared facilities (except the reception office) cannot be opened on 12th April but hopefully will open from 17th May.

However, I understand, as happened last year, that local authorities are being encouraged to keep public conveniences open. Many have previously been reluctant to do so, leaving popular tourist areas with nowhere for the public to "go"!

Edited by Legal Eagle
4 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

I have just, in the last hour, received the CMC email which clearly states that site shared facilities (except the reception office) cannot be opened on 12th April but hopefully will open from 17th May.

However, I understand, as happened last year, that local authorities are being encouraged to keep public conveniences open. Many have previously been reluctant to do so, leaving popular tourist areas with nowhere for the public to "go"!

Same here - must just be for us!!

2 hours ago, stevew1 said:

Yeah Griff , but it’s festering a few feet the other direction anyway ,😎😎😎😎

:D

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

Pedant Point

Graham's assertion that CL and CS sites are 'Certified' is a common misunderstanding/misreading, they are actually 'Certificated', which is a bit more of a mouthful and infers a slightly different meaning.  

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

On 30/03/2021 at 09:55, fred said:

Do you use an outside toilet at home?

Sometimes, yes, if I'm working in the gardens.

But then at home (unlike in a caravan) there isn't anyone sat just a few feet away that has to endure noises and smells. But if doing that floats yer boat, please continue. In our family we tend to do that away from others when possible.

Can't understand why gyms are open on the 12th.April ( can't wait ) jacuzzis and changing room/showers all as normal ( no steam rooms and saunas till 12th.of May ) yet camp site wash blocks are all shut when providing near identical facilities.

Ian

I’ve had more info drip through tonight including links to legislation and visit England where it basically says the below - tbh I think some sites were already planning this, it may just be too difficult for the clubs to do it hence their steadfast closures;

Campsites and caravan parks will be permitted from Step 2 provided that the only shared facilities used by guests at the campsite or caravan park are washing facilities, toilets, water points and waste disposal points. These facilities should be operated so as to ensure no household mixing takes place. This would involve either assigning shower facilities to one household group/support bubble, (i.e. making them private), or running a reservation and clean process (whereby one household can exclusively book the shared facilities for a fixed time, and the facilities are cleaned between reservations and kept well-ventilated).

Cheers, Martin

From reading the above post there seems to of been some guidance issued by the govt.  Please take a look at the Fakenham racecourse caravan site that says on 25th March they were informed that they are permitted to open toilets and showers from 12th April.  They do not stipulate any other conditions as mentioned above.  I can find no press release on Gov.uk

• Steven locked this topic
  • Steven unlocked this topic