Hi Legal Eagle. I don't want to make a big issue about it but the way I read it was you couldn't understand why people with facilities in there own van won't use them because of covid, but rather use the onsite  facilities. I was talking about the costs of the pitch price which included them.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmm.......

what i cant understand is that throughout this pandemic, supermarkets have been open and toilets there to be used, 

as of tomorrow, outdoor sports are open golf, tennis etc, i assume their toilet facilities will be open....

also, on the 12th April pubs and restraunts will be open ( Hooray) outside, again i assume the toilets will be open.

zoos and theme parks will alo be open..and their toilets...???

so why are campsite facilities staying closed...???

just saying....

20 minutes ago, Timanita said:

Mmmmm.......

what i cant understand is that throughout this pandemic, supermarkets have been open and toilets there to be used, 

as of tomorrow, outdoor sports are open golf, tennis etc, i assume their toilet facilities will be open....

also, on the 12th April pubs and restraunts will be open ( Hooray) outside, again i assume the toilets will be open.

zoos and theme parks will alo be open..and their toilets...???

so why are campsite facilities staying closed...???

just saying....

Supermarkets do not provide showers, and you have to ware a mask in the toilets.  Showering would be a little difficult at a communal block..

Emptying the toilet is not a problem whatever is in it, and shared facilities are to me no more than an additional and unneeded risk. Personally I have no intention of using site facilities while the pandemic continues, although never used them a lot before that. 

19 hours ago, Rodders53 said:

The sounds and smells in the communal toilets - where the other occupants are much closer than swmbo in our caravan toilet.... 

THAT is disgusting.

In my view. ;)

Reminds me of a time in France where unisex loos are very common.

I was sat doing what a man has to do and from the next cubicle was the sound as of the earthquake brought on by a Vindaloo. The poor victim and I met at the hand wash and she was a trim teenage French lass. What can you do except say "bonjour."

You have to be very careful of the timing when visiting campsite sanitary blocks , they can be disgusting if you visit a few hours after cleaning . There are some pretty unsanitary people out there both in the toilets & showers .

Gone are the days at Camping Club meets when you dug a hole in the field with your toilet tent round it. The flush was a shovel full of dirt. We were quite posh my dad screwed some legs on a toilet seat saved us falling in. 🙄

I can smell it now.😷

We're fortunate to have a large caravan bathroom so can manage happily with our own facilities only. However we also use on site facilities too. It really boils down to what is most convenient. If the on-site provision is not a hike and well maintained we'll use that as it cuts down on emptying etc. our own caravan facilities. If the on-site option is not up to scratch or its pouring with rain we'll use the van.

We are off at the first opportunity on the 12th and any imposed restriction of using only our on board will be no problem to us.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

3 minutes ago, KnausCol said:

We're fortunate to have a large caravan bathroom so can manage happily with our own facilities only. However we also use on site facilities too. It really boils down to what is most convenient. If the on-site provision is not a hike and well maintained we'll use that as it cuts down on emptying etc. our own caravan facilities. If the on-site option is not up to scratch or its pouring with rain we'll use the van.

We are off at the first opportunity on the 12th and any imposed restriction of using only our on board will be no problem to us.

Plus 1 👍

18 hours ago, Camperdom said:

Being “fully jabbed up” can give us more confidence to use public facilities when the law allows.

Absolutely agree. 

But there are folk who for whatever reason aren't "fully jabbed up" who can (and will) carry and transmit to those of us who are.    You and I are still at risk from these "covidiots" .    I shall be avoiding communal facilities whenever possible to avoid carrying and transmitting similar to wearing a mask - not just for self protection but to avoid transmitting.   

Even if you are fully jabbed up you can still carry the bacteria on your clothes or person & deposit onto surfaces . I think it is also possible that you may have the virus & still transmit it without it having too much of a bad effect on you . We all need to be very careful & listen to the scientists.

I am not medically trained, but do work for the NHS. I am as you say 'fully jabbed up', but work is saying I can still get covid, but hopefully it wont be as bad as if I was not 'fully jabbed', on covid wards most shifts?

We only have a small caravan 480, but it has a large bathroom, so not ideal we will be using the toilet & shower. Fully serviced pitch, so no problems there?

Luckily for us we have been given the go ahead here in Wales, so we are off on the 30th for Easter. Sorry all of you in England, you can't come into the principality. All our trips for 2021 are in Wales, except for a weekend away when we have the caravan serviced, Cheltenham in June if we are allowed to travel.

2 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

Absolutely agree. 

But there are folk who for whatever reason aren't "fully jabbed up" who can (and will) carry and transmit to those of us who are.    You and I are still at risk from these "covidiots" .    I shall be avoiding communal facilities whenever possible to avoid carrying and transmitting similar to wearing a mask - not just for self protection but to avoid transmitting.   

Seriously, I don’t think you should even leave home unless you’re fully wrapped from head to toe in plastic bubble-wrap!  It’s a brave world out there.

There are millions of UK citizens who haven’t yet been vaccinated due to age or who can’t get vaccinated due to health and even quite a few who have made their own freedom of choice not to get vaccinated.  You have just literally labelled all those under 50’s as “covidiots” for some reason - perhaps it was intentional or perhaps you didn’t read your post properly.  The younger generation are going to be paying the price for this pandemic like forever - they deserve a bit more respect and thought and I certainly pity the fact that they have to share the world with those who are still so fearful of actually living that they wish to deprive others of the same.

We used site facilities last year on one site ( the excellent Morris Shrewsbury site) Sanitise on way in, and again on way out. Social distancing was fine, all felt safe and no problem.

our second site (Anglesey) was less appealing so we used our shower instead.

I think it’s a matter of how the site manages the facilities, and the attitude of the people staying there so a case by case scenario.

Lorry drivers have used both showers and toilets in service stations, though out this pandemic. 
you can use toilets in supermarkets. 
when pubs open, they also will have toilets open. 
And yet sites are nor allowed to open toilets, which is ridiculous. 
last year I didn’t see anyone “ break social distance rules” in the toilet block, but yet on several occasions there were people” having a chat” without distance whilst emptying their social distanced no2’s 

What annoyed me last year were the CL sites where there are two toilets, one for men and one for women and they were closed.  I mean really what are the risks of catching Covid in a toilet?  1) Need a large amount of virus 2) Virus would need to survive long enough to infect you 3) Don't touch your face until you have washed your hands thoroughly.  Use sleeve/paper towel to exit.  Especially now when a good proportion have had the vaccine so if they caught it would be a milder dose.   

It really does not need to be like last year.

5 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

Absolutely agree. 

There are no covid vaccines approved for under 16 year olds and as trials have only just started that is likely to be the case for a while.

My grandchildren are too young to get "fully jabbed up". Are you saying that makes them idiots?

How do you classify adults that have been told by doctors that they cannot have the vaccine due to their health conditions. Are they idiots too?

3 hours ago, To the edge of infinity said:

Seriously, I don’t think you should even leave home unless you’re fully wrapped from head to toe in plastic bubble-wrap!  It’s a brave world out there.

There are millions of UK citizens who haven’t yet been vaccinated due to age or who can’t get vaccinated due to health and even quite a few who have made their own freedom of choice not to get vaccinated.  You have just literally labelled all those under 50’s as “covidiots” for some reason - perhaps it was intentional or perhaps you didn’t read your post properly.  The younger generation are going to be paying the price for this pandemic like forever - they deserve a bit more respect and thought and I certainly pity the fact that they have to share the world with those who are still so fearful of actually living that they wish to deprive others of the same.

Excellent post thanks,  it's getting really tiresome people being labelled covididiot unless they're not hiding behind the sofa 24/7

We have and always will use our very nice on board facilities and have never had the wish to plant our bottoms where countless strangers have though I except it's necessary for folks with disabilities to use the toilet block. 

Wouldn't it be a good idea for the disabled facilities to be open with key access?

This is just guidance though isnt it? We are staying at 2 campsites before the may date, and both have toilet blocks open.  I guess there are choices for everyone.

(5 in our caravan, it is non stop number 2's here - off you go to the toilet block...)

12 minutes ago, reedyontour said:

This is just guidance though isnt it? We are staying at 2 campsites before the may date, and both have toilet blocks open.  I guess there are choices for everyone.

(5 in our caravan, it is non stop number 2's here - off you go to the toilet block...)

The restrictions, not guidelines, clearly state that self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

Toilet/shower blocks cannot open as they are indoor facilities shared with other households.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary#step-3---not-before-17-may

Edited by Legal Eagle

thanks - ive had a look. I think it is the old chestnut of the definition of outside.  I have been fascinated by some pic on social media of restaurants with structures in their gardens that look a lot like buildings....

2 minutes ago, reedyontour said:

thanks - ive had a look. I think it is the old chestnut of the definition of outside.  I have been fascinated by some pic on social media of restaurants with structures in their gardens that look a lot like buildings....

I don't think there can be any misunderstanding on what is meant by campsite shared indoor facilities.

On 27/03/2021 at 14:10, richardandros said:

We won't be using site facilities when they are open and the first time we are going anywhere near either of the Club's sites is the end of September - CLs and CS's until then - which we prefer anyway. We are fortunate that our van has a very large end bathroom and are more than happy to keep ourselves 'self-contained'.

Pardon what maybe a rookie question (but I am so here goes)  so what are CLs & CSs?

The law allows local authorities to grant licences to landowners for campers, tents, caravans up to a max of 5. These are certified. The Caravan Club call theirs Certified Locations (CLs) and the Camping and Caravanning Club call theirs Certified Sites (CSs).

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

"covidiots" has been a term oft used over the past 12 months or so in reference to those who behave selfishly or in an otherwise anarchical way toward the guidelines and  regulations.

At no time did I mention or imply anything  related specifically to  "under 50s", "young people" or " under 16s".   Read the post again.

• Steven locked this topic
  • Steven unlocked this topic