Missing Parts in Dometic Fridges

Dave Hank

Message added by CT Advertising,

Prima logo.pngPRIMA Leisure is the home of Bailey parts

We have a range of official accessories and upgrades, as well as spare parts.

Designed specifically to make your Bailey journey the best that it can be. 

Click here for more.

We purchased a Phoenix + 644 in January this year and, upon collection noticed that there was a shelf and door tray missing from the Dometic 10.5 fridge. We have chased this up with the dealer and so far have had no joy with their supply.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with their new Bailey, I have seen this topic mentioned with other caravan makes, but nothing appears to be on the Bailey forums.

Just picked my 642 up yesterday and also noticed a lack of shelves inside. It has only come with 1 door shelf and 1 metal one. I thought it strange as it looks bare and asked the sales manager where the rest of the shelves were and he said that is it as standard. The gallery on the Bailey website shows a different fridge with all the shelves. Will have to look into it. Not good enough really as the advertising shows a full set

I had similar years ago with my home larder fridge from Hotpoint only came with 2 shelves was expecting 3 shelves as the product brochure.  They said I could have one but at the charge of a spare one. After several letters to them they supplied one FOC.

Keep on at them, all three of them.

Not just a Bailey issue. Coachman are the same and covered here.

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Would seem domestic are cutting costs. Any one know if Swift are the same. 

Our Bessacarr (Swift) had a shelf missing, Dometic said that the third shelf was not included.

Strange how all of the similar models we saw at dealers had it.

Finished up buying it in the end. :angry:

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

Been onto the dealer today and he’s going to put a warranty claim in for the shelves. Will have to wait and see what happens. 

• 2 months later...

Just to revive this topic. It’s been over 2 months since I brought this up with the dealer and so far all I’m getting is it’s in to Bailey for a warranty claim and Bailey are saying it’s onto Dometic about it. I was wondering if anyone had picked a new Phoenix +up in the last few weeks and was there a full set of shelves in the fridge ie. 2 of each. Has anyone had any joy getting more shelves for their fridge. Might just give me a bit of leverage. 

I was told by Bailey that a memo had gone out to all dealers instructing them to put a warranty claim in for the missing shelves. We are still waiting too. The problem seems to be that Dometic don’t actually have any themselves! 

Seems like we are in the same boat bud. Was just wondering if they had seen sense and started putting the correct amount in 

16 minutes ago, Leesdad12 said:

Seems like we are in the same boat bud. Was just wondering if they had seen sense and started putting the correct amount in 

Yep! Still dodging the avalanche of groceries every time we open the fridge door!

On 29/05/2021 at 19:18, handyandy said:

Yep! Still dodging the avalanche of groceries every time we open the fridge door!

Is your freezer compartment working, see my post about the freezer not working.

I was away a couple of weeks ago for a week and the freezer worked fine. Mind you we couldn’t get a lot in because of the missing shelves 

• 2 weeks later...

Are Bailey expecting all those with the missing parts to pay for them?