Le Capeyrou. Beynac

This is one of our favourite sites in France and we have been going there for years. 

My wife today noticed an announcement on Facebook that after 16 years they have sold the site. 

A lot of regulars go every year and the owners have run the site superbly well. 

Great shame. 

We have stayed at Le Capeyrou a couple of times and it is an excellent site in a great area. Hopefully the new owners will keep it the same or make some minor improvements - not that there is that much to improve.

Alan

If you don't like it under the new owners, we stayed at Les Deux Vallees site in 2019, just a little further out from Beynac and within easy walking distance.  I can highly recommend that site also. Very friendly owners, excellent swimming pool and a handy little cafe/restaurant.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

Have looked around that site on a few occasions. Much improved the last few years. 

The only problem we encountered (and it applies to other sites in the area) is that the surface soil doesn't drain well and becomes superficially muddy and slippy. 

Le Capeyrou is a nice site in a nice location, but I wasn't too keen on tramping up and down mud covered stairs to use the facilties. And the swimming pool was completely unsupervised which allowed cocky young Brit yobs to spoil it for others.

Perhaps the new owners will sort out the problems.

No problem with the pool in June.