Bradcot 1058 xl Awning is it too big ?

Hi new to touring just got our first caravan a twin wheel ace jubilee with a XL awning included but havnt got the room to try it out, does anyone know what size it would be and also which sites would accept us having such a large awning many thanks in advance

IMG-20210312-WA0008.jpg

• Grandpa Steve changed the title to Bradcot 1058 xl Awning is it too big ?

Whether you can put the awning up would depend on the size of the pitch you are on, it certainly looks too big for a standard CMC site hard standing as it occupies the space where you would normally park your car.

Grass pitches are more spacious as they are less defined by the gravel, but bare in mind the CMC rule of 6m between units may still restrict you, you may find more room on a C&CC site or a commercial one.

I think you would need to measure the outfit (or a very best guess) and then check with any site you want to stay on that they can accommodate you.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Unlikely you'd get it on a CMHC site. Nice awning though 

2 hours ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Whether you can put the awning up would depend on the size of the pitch you are on, it certainly looks too big for a standard CMC site hard standing as it occupies the space where you would normally park your car.

Grass pitches are more spacious as they are less defined by the gravel, but bare in mind the CMC rule of 6m between units may still restrict you, you may find more room on a C&CC site or a commercial one.

I think you would need to measure the outfit (or a very best guess) and then check with any site you want to stay on that they can accommodate you.

Thanks for the advice I have already joined the cmc and heard about the 6 meter rule, I may have to look into an additional awning at a standard size for there sites, do you think it would be wise move to look into joining other caravaning clubs to broaden my options ?

2 hours ago, Tuningdrew said:

Unlikely you'd get it on a CMHC site. Nice awning though 

Thanks

I would think most sites would not be happy about such an enormous awning.

Of those that accept you, I would expect them to charge you for 2 pitches.

It looks to me more like an awning with a caravan, than a caravan with an awning.

Maybe certified sites would be a better bet but you would need to check with each site. Often they are five vans in a biggish field with loads of space between each van. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

i would think that you would have to ask at the time of booking.  Most pitches are about 9m  x 9m, some smaller , some larger, some are long pitches where you have to put the car across the front of the van. I have seen a couple of larger awnings on site but I don't know if they asked first.

Thanks for all your comments I've had a word with a friend and I can put it up in his garden and get an exact measure I'll report back with my findings