Swift Command without Tracker subscription

Message added by CT Advertising,

logoPhantom250px.pngSecure and reliable tracking system for caravan, motor home and car owners. High-quality security at affordable prices, tailored to your specific needs. Find out more

Still waiting  lockdown to finish before collecting Swift Challenger special (2020 model).

Having never had Swift Command before, can someone confirm  whether all of the Command remote app features will work if I decline to pay the annual tracker subscription?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, xtrailman said:

Yes

...but is there not a small charge for it?

35 minutes ago, SamD said:

No. You can run it without the subscription. If you can get a signal to get the caravan to 

connect to the web from wherever the van is located. There are dead spots.

Edited by Fenester
typo

There is no cost for remote access for the first 3 years. You can pay for the Tracker separately if you want to. From year 4 onwards you have to pay for remote access and tracker if you want them. The costs are as below which is quoted from the Swift Command website:

"HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

You can add an optional tracking subscription at any time, and this can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years.

If purchased within the first 3 years the cost is £95, £190 or £285 respectively.

If purchased in year 4 or onwards a tracking with data subscription is required and can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years at a cost of £130, £240 or £350 respectively.

Alternatively, if you don’t require tracking and theft monitoring, from year 4 onwards you can purchase a remote data only subscription and again this can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years at a cost of £40, £60 or £75 respectively."

Frank

Edited by pfr

8 hours ago, pfr said:

There is no cost for remote access for the first 3 years. You can pay for the Tracker separately if you want to. From year 4 onwards you have to pay for remote access and tracker if you want them. The costs are as below which is quoted from the Swift Command website:

"HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

You can add an optional tracking subscription at any time, and this can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years.

If purchased within the first 3 years the cost is £95, £190 or £285 respectively.

If purchased in year 4 or onwards a tracking with data subscription is required and can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years at a cost of £130, £240 or £350 respectively.

Alternatively, if you don’t require tracking and theft monitoring, from year 4 onwards you can purchase a remote data only subscription and again this can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years at a cost of £40, £60 or £75 respectively."

Frank

:goodpost:

just to add this is a brand new charge that  only came along with the ‘new’ Command website earlier this year. Folks with the first vans that had Command (2016 MY late 2015) have paid nothing for the remote service for over 5 years. We’ve been expecting a fee as the sales literature always stated 3 years included....and because someone somewhere (Swift or Sargent) are footing the bill for ongoing airtime costs for every van/Moho out there since 2017. So basically it’s long overdue. 

The other hidden fee will be paying for the battery change in the comms module which is recommended every 3 years. 

You can see the status of your subscription by logging into https://www.swiftcommand.co.uk

So, here is a screen shot showing subscription

B36C56D0-6BAE-453D-BF53-B47774C7502D.thumb.jpeg.98d1de2f7933a58bd8f9432b9014aaa0.jpeg

And here the reminder .......

44B5CF58-1794-462E-B582-CDC55BFC3C2D.thumb.jpeg.1c2f55495e615cb21814c8213f9540d2.jpeg

Edited by MartinJB

Cheers, Martin

10 hours ago, Fenester said:

No. You can run it without the subscription. If you can get a signal to get the caravan to 

connect to the web from wherever the van is located. There are dead spots.

I don't understand how you do that but would it not require van to be powered on for that?

56 minutes ago, SamD said:

I don't understand how you do that but would it not require van to be powered on for that?

it uses a mobile signal.  Not sure on power, others may know ,I suspect it uses its own battery and can operate off grid.

1 hour ago, SamD said:

Can you clarify what you mean Sam?

When shut-down you can’t communicate with your van (or you can’t ‘remote control’ it) but your van will still ping its position, voltage and alarm status routinely throughout each 24hrs. You can see this last pinged data on the app or Command website using locate or limited reporting functionality (battery). You can also set battery and stinger alarm ‘alerts’ when shut down too (via email or sms or both). 

When not shut down, and subject to mobile data coverage, you can remotely control the van to its full feature set.

All the above relies on mobile coverage as Fenester says.

7 minutes ago, Fenester said:

it uses a mobile signal.  Not sure on power, others may know ,I suspect it uses its own battery and can operate off grid.

Yep the comms module has it’s own batteries although when the leisure battery is connected (and not flat) it will utilise that. 

Cheers, Martin

2 minutes ago, MartinJB said:

Can you clarify what you mean Sam?

Fenester said that you can have the data without any payment/subscription so I asked how and I am still unclear.  Is it the 'every six hours' data or the full remote control either of which in my understanding would not be available if tracker and/or data are not paid for.

Just now, SamD said:

Fenester said that you can have the data without any payment/subscription so I asked how and I am still unclear.  Is it the 'every six hours' data or the full remote control either of which in my understanding would not be available if tracker and/or data are not paid for.

Ah right .... if you don’t pay after 3 years you’d lose the lot yes. Basically software would invalidate your login as “expired”, if Sargent then kill the SIM in the background remains to be seen.

Cheers, Martin

Mine is the the same as the screenshot that MartinJB posted, my subscription is due at the end of this month.

I don't want the full tracking, only the cheaper option of data only, but when I log into Swift Command the only option I see is to purchase the full package ( tracking and remote control)

Any ideas how you just purchase the remote data option?

25 minutes ago, Harrib0 said:

Mine is the the same as the screenshot that MartinJB posted, my subscription is due at the end of this month.

I don't want the full tracking, only the cheaper option of data only, but when I log into Swift Command the only option I see is to purchase the full package ( tracking and remote control)

Any ideas how you just purchase the remote data option?

That’s a good question! I am presuming the option will appear when expired but I’ll find out and brb ! 

Cheers, Martin

Hi,

I have just logged in to Swift Command using the link from MartinJB above and it has given me the rates for updating the limited subscription, however mine is a 2016 van and therefore only these rates would apply.

Dave

2 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

Hi,

I have just logged in to Swift Command using the link from MartinJB above and it has given me the rates for updating the limited subscription, however mine is a 2016 van and therefore only these rates would apply.

Dave

Did you have the link to renew Dave?  And are you also expiring March 31st? This is all we see (understood re 2016 and no Sargent tracker onboard)....I’m guessing you get this but just remote access..... 

9CAAACC0-7225-48AD-8B12-63D2FCAC756D.thumb.jpeg.4e4e9e961a8381f9ae6b52a620dcad48.jpeg

Cheers, Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes my subscription expires on the 31st March 2021.  The link is basically the same as you show but only for remote monitoring only and gives three rates, one year, two years and three years.  I have not received any other specific notification of this from Swift or Sargents regarding updating but I did know about it from earlier information on the new site.

Dave

3 hours ago, SamD said:

Full remote control. But as was clarified above only whilst in the first three years - the fact of which I had not realised- so thanks for the clarification.

To be honest the IOT facilities seem a little of a  gimmick,technology because you can,  to us;  we won't be bothering, but each to their own. The dealer likes it apparently as he can remote diagnose your van -  if of course where it it sits, it can get a signal!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the inputs. One more question -  When the caravan is in storage, does the data work using the Command battery, or do you have to leave the EC600 switch in the 'ON' position? I assume it would use its own battery, as the Stinger  alarm does.

Edited by Lagerorwine

31 minutes ago, Lagerorwine said:

Thanks for all the inputs. One more question -  When the caravan is in storage, does the data work using the Command battery, or do you have to leave the EC600 switch in the 'ON' position? I assume it would use its own battery, as the Stinger  alarm does.

With main switch Off you get the following - changes every 6 hours.

image.png.18355445aeec26d1a9572f6f5b0a55f4.png

Plus history

21 hours ago, SamD said:

Not for the first 3 years.

Has anyone yet found a link to renew the remote feature only?

39 minutes ago, xtrailman said:

Has anyone yet found a link to renew the remote feature only?

Just waiting on a reply from Sargent, the initial reply was similar to what Dave said but many of us are only seeing the option to upgrade - I suspect they are investigating with the web admin team ;-)

Cheers, Martin

4 minutes ago, xtrailman said:

Thanks Martin.

Is yours up for renewal 31st March too Ray? Presumably your seeing the same thing?

Cheers, Martin

Yes same message.

Part of me wants to leave it to see if it stops working, but if it does I think it could cause more hassle to get it working again.

I'm looking at the 3 year renewal which works out at £25 a year, hoping the comms unit won't fail...