Outdoor Revolution Air Awnings

Hello everyone out there, SWMBO and I hope this note finds you all looking forward to getting out and about in the summer time? I wonder if any one out there has any feedback on the above awnings? We currently have a full size Isabella awning but I’m looking for something a bit smaller, Max 4 mtrs in length, preferably air that’s easier to go up. I’m considering the outdoor Rev sport lite 400, help please

regards johnny

We've got an Outdoor Revolution air awning. Had ours for 5 years, so it's not current. 

Really happy with it, and with OR customer service. After about 4 years an air valve started leaking. Their advice from customer service was that it probably just needed tightening in the air tube. Which turned out to be the case. They sent out a tool to do this, along with a couple of spare valves and a bleed valve, just in case. No charge. Cant fault that.

In use, the only thing I find with it is it doesnt fit as snugly to the side of the van as easily as a Kampa, but now I've got the knack, it's fine every time.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat, but ours looks set to carry on for years yet.

We had an outdoor revolution Esprit Pro Air back in 2019, I think it was the top of the range. Cannot remember the actual size but think it was  390.

The awning as such was fine but it was so heavy it was just too much for me. Getting it threaded into the awning rail was the issue, Once you had done that it was ok and the safety system to stop you over inflating was good.  It never looked that neat errected.

Because of the weight I sold it last year and bought a Isabella Magnum. Much easier to put up for us and looks really good. It was a few years old but immaculate.

Got pictures of the air awning up if you send me private email.

Andrew

We bought out Outdoor Revolution 325 Eclispse Pro last year, and are really pleased. We took out the end pannels which makes it lighter, the only really annoying thing is that it has 2 sets of awning beading 6mm & 4mm that connect to the caravan, when you first use the awning both beading are very stiff and its difficult to maneuver, but does get easier  with use.  Its  a good size, the van is 7.8 m

P1080581.JPG

Thanks everyone for your very positive replies, it’s sooooooooh difficult to spend money now I’m 65, when I was 32 spending never bothered me a bit

Four years ago we decided to sell our Isabella awning and we bought the Outdoor Revolution Esprit 360 Pro, it was heavy, the roof collapsed in the wind and it suffered a lot with condensation. We sold it after a year and bought a Kampa Ace Air all season, it had 5 removable panels and breathable material so we thought it would be lighter to handle (wrong) and not suffer from condensation (right). It was so heavy it was a nightmare for my wife and I both aged 70, plus some seams fouled the zips ond one zip burst open.

We now have a Isabella Magnum and love it, however in hindsight the full awning did not take much longer to erect and would now have had it altered to suit the new van.

This is an interesting watch 

Totally agree with above post. 

Air and/or poled Awnings and the opinions on them are the same as those on trackers, or wheel locks, or caravan covers etc. 

Some love ‘em, others hate ‘em, so it’s pretty pointless asking for opinions because there is no consensus on which is better/easier/heavier/lighter. 

I have a Sunncamp Air awning, it suits me but wouldn’t suit others, we are all different.

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

6 hours ago, ascsbe said:

Totally agree with above post. 

Me too, Isabella Magnum every time over a pop up bus shelter.

It's not easy finding the perfect awning. I've had loads (poled) over the years, and still haven't found the perfect one.

We have a full size Isabella awnings with annexes at each end, great for 2 week trips, storing bees, sleeping in, but too much hassle for anything shorter and a nightmare to dry out at home. Thankfully in all the years we used it, it was always dry when taking down on the last day, but I sometimes took it down a day early if I feared rain.

Our 330 size Kampa awning is good for medium length stays, too big for weekends, but too small for 2 week stays, and  still a bit of a pain to dry out at home.

Our Sunncamp Swift 220 is perfect for weekends, but too small for anything longer. Very easy to dry at home.

To make our awning needs even more difficult, two of us prefer to sleep in the awning, so we need enough space for 2 x airbeds and the usual other stuff.

Ideally I would like just 2 x lightweight awnings - a 390 size awning for long stays, and a 260 for everything else.

Edited by JCCD

this will be our 6th year with our outdoor revolution  awning, it's 3.5 x 2.5.  We found that it wasn't as heavy as some awnings, but has served us well and I would recommend them. 

We have ordered an Outdoor Revolution Porchlite 260, and are awaiting delivery, so thanks all for good feedback, cant wait to get to use it now