Have been taking my dog to France etc for past 12 tears.I realise that the situation has changed however my dogs Rabies jab is still current and is shown in her passport,will this suffice or do we need to have her innoculated again and entered on the new animal health certificate.Gov site shows pet passport no longer valid but can this be proof of her current vaccination. I also presume that there will be no need to visit a French vet before return but will stand corrected.

Your UK vet will advise you about entering details of a valid rabies injection on the new Animal Health Certificate and procedure and timing for getting that certificate before you leave .

The requirement to see a vet in France for your dog to have worm treatment before returning remains unchanged 

According to what I have read on Gov.uk, you will need the tapeworm treatment to re-enter UK.

<< You can enter or return to Great Britain with your pet cat, dog or ferret if it:

has been microchipped

has a pet passport or health certificate

has been vaccinated against rabies - it will also need a blood test if you’re travelling from an country that is not ‘listed’

Dogs must also usually have a tapeworm treatment.>>

2 hours ago, Flying Grandad said:

According to what I have read on Gov.uk, you will need the tapeworm treatment to re-enter UK.

<< You can enter or return to Great Britain with your pet cat, dog or ferret if it:

has been microchipped

has a pet passport or health certificate

has been vaccinated against rabies - it will also need a blood test if you’re travelling from an country that is not ‘listed’

Dogs must also usually have a tapeworm treatment.>>

When will it not be required?

When the country you have visited is added to the list of exempt countries.

From the same web-site <<You do not need to treat your dog for tapeworm if you’re coming directly to Great Britain from Finland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Malta or Norway.>>

Can't see that changing anytime soon

The website is a bit ambiguous in that it states that you need to treat for tapeworm but does not stipulate that a vet has to authenticate this.Is this information shown elsewhere?

No ambiguity at all.

Before you return to UK a vet has to record these things about tapeworm treatment on an Animal Health Certificate - name and manufacturer of product administered, date and time the vet treated the animal, vet's stamp and signature.  And it all has to be done within the proper time frame.

Seems pretty clear to me