Avondale Osprey 1982 wiring diagram

Krisz

Hi, 

My father bought an Osprey 1982. I try to looking for him something usable information about the wiring. 

• Jay changed the title to Avondale Osprey Wiring Query
  • WispMan changed the title to Avondale Osprey 1982 wiring diagram

I think your search is nearly impossible. Same odds as Hungary winning the Rugby World Cup. 

I think you should completely re-wire and strip all old wiring and start again. 

Hope I'm wrong and you find a wiring diagram. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

1982 caravan wiring was pretty basic, and as long as it has been left standard should not be too difficult to work out.

Two me things to bear in mind.

1. There are three separate systems, the running lights, the mains wiring and the internal 12v wiring.

2. Because of the construction used, the various 12v items do not return (earth) through the bodywork or chassis, but each have a return wire, and these join together to connect back to the battery.

There is a guy on here by the name of Gordon who is the nearest thing you will find to an Avondale expert, if anyone has a wiring diagram he will, no doubt, point you to it. I suggest that you wait for him to reply.

Thank you all. We never had earlier caravan, so everything is new for us. 

I sent over to him the 1972, and 1993 owners book. I think this is big help to him to recognise what is what. ?

Thank you Gordon, with this diagram he will be closer. ?