We finally (Boris permitting) collecting our new Commodore in April & I'm trying to get ready for the big day:)

I'm going to buy an Avtex 24" connected TV

Has anyone fitted the AVtex wall mounts & if so do they fix to the wall ok, what size screws have you used?

Ideally I'd like to have 2x mounts (1 in the bedroom & 1 in the Living area) & use the quick release system of the AK68TM so I can swap between the two rooms as the need arises.

Anyone any experience with the Avtex soundbar?

I was thinking of a Bose Mini Soundlink as an alternative

Thanks in anticipation:)

Is it worth asking the supplying dealer to fit them for you ?  We are waiting for our new Commodore as well and have asked the supplying dealer to supply and fit..  My theory being,,,, if it then falls off the wall, it is their problem not mine.

Fair point, I may just ask.  The sales guy seems not to want to get involved saying accessories & service sales have to be kept separate?? It's taken an age to get them to allow a discount from Propane to Safefill for the gas

I've already got the TV though & wanted to make sure the Tv's fitted at the height we wanted rather than find it's too high or low,,

On 03/03/2021 at 09:26, SteveH2020 said:

We finally (Boris permitting) collecting our new Commodore in April & I'm trying to get ready for the big day:)

I'm going to buy an Avtex 24" connected TV

Has anyone fitted the AVtex wall mounts & if so do they fix to the wall ok, what size screws have you used?

Ideally I'd like to have 2x mounts (1 in the bedroom & 1 in the Living area) & use the quick release system of the AK68TM so I can swap between the two rooms as the need arises.

Anyone any experience with the Avtex soundbar?

I was thinking of a Bose Mini Soundlink as an alternative

Thanks in anticipation:)

We have the Avtex soundbar and the sound is a huge improvement over the sound from the TV (Avtex L219DRS-PRO) alone. As with most modern TVs, where the visible screen is the full size of the TV, the standard TV speakers can't project sound effectively forward where you need it. So the soundbar not only provides better quality sound but also projects it in the most desirable direction.

The other advantage of going Avtex is that the soundbar can be physically attached to the Avtex TV so can be located using the same TV mount (provided there is room under the TV). This makes it easy to move from one location to another.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

+1 for using a soundbar.

We don't use a Avtex, but another brand and the sound is so much better than from the tv itself. Our tv speakers project from the back of the set but with the soundbar all the sound projects forward. I find that we don't need the volume as loud using a soundbar as the sound is directed foreward.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

Any use?

Cheers all (thanks Yorkguy) for the info, much appreciated.

I've just ordered a Router & aerial from Solway, I'll drop a post at some point in case it's of interest.

Can't go wrong with Bose. Just my opinion but they are dedicated audiophile manufacturers. However have a look at what richer sounds are offering and compare prices. This looks Good.

https://www.richersounds.com/sony-htx8500.html

Edited by Jezzerb

Great minds & all that.

I was thinking of the Bose SoundLink Mini 11 (recently discontinued) but thought it might be a tad small.

I've just ordered one of these & will give that a try, if not it'll be the Bose

https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-ht-mt300-bluetooth-nfc-compact-sound-bar-with-ultra-slim-wireless-subwoofer-black/p3160283#product

Hidden in the instruction book, but many Avtex have the ability to transmit their sound direct to your vans inbuilt car radio.  Basically you switch on the Avtex 'transmitter' on the T.V. menus.

That will give you a frequency to tune your van radio to and away you go.  Worth checking.  Also just bluetooth your T.v. to the radio ( assuming it has bluetooth) for the same effect.  Cheaper than any sound bar.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)