Message added by CT Advertising,

Compare caravan insurance quotes and buy online for touring & static caravans

compareinsurance.pngCompare Caravan Insurance provides quality touring insurance, static insurance, park home insurance and leisure home insurance at competitive prices

www.compare-caravan-insurance.co.uk

6 hours ago, CliveB said:

On filling in the information required for a quote one of the questions was did I have a wheel lock?  I use a Nemesis wheel lock and AL-KO hitch lock, so answered yes.

On receiving the quote details one of the "small print" endorsements is that I must either have a tracker or AL-KO wheel lock (I have neither).

Just heard back from the insurers through Lifesure.

They will accept the Nemesis wheel lock in place of the AL-KO one.

Had a similar conversation with the CMC insurance line.

Ours is a twin axle with E&P levelling.

The requirement was for both wheels to be fitted with approved wheel locks but no hitch lock.

I asked why a single axle caravan of the same value had only 1 lock but a twin axle had to have 2, the answer was "perhaps it's less desirable with 2"!

No discount for the E&P levelling even though the keypad's removable with PIN number access ??

22 minutes ago, SteveH2020 said:

I asked why a single axle caravan of the same value had only 1 lock but a twin axle had to have 2, the answer was "perhaps it's less desirable with 2"!

The reason I have been given for that is because with a twin axle caravan the wheel with the lock on can easily be deflated, that particular wheel is then no longer in contact with the road surface, so the caravan can then be easily towed away. If both wheels on the same side have wheel locks that cannot be done. 

Makes perfect sense to me. 

As for really cheap insurance........

The insurance market is very competitive, if someone is offering it at a much lower price there has to be a reason, the only reason I can think of that will enable them to offer much lower premiums is that they (the insurers) have much lower costs, and the majority of their costs are going to be what they pay out (or more importantly what they don’t pay out) in the event if a claim., It’s been said many times before. 

“You get what you pay for”

or more accurately

“You don’t get what you don’t pay for” 

Caravan Guard have been pretty much unbeatable premium wise for me for  a good few years, and they are a well known, long established,  and respected company. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

15 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Caravan Guard have been pretty much unbeatable premium wise for me for  a good few years, and they are a well known, long established,  and respected company. 

Out of interest, have you ever made a claim on Caravan Guard? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

No, but others have, along with most of the other major players.

14 hours ago, WispMan said:

Out of interest, have you ever made a claim on Caravan Guard? 

Have you ?

Would be interested to know how they compare.

No. Not me but insurance can only be judged on how they deal with a claim and NOTon how easy it was for them to take your money. 

Tis why I always used CMC insurance. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

22 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Tis why I always used CMC insurance. 

And why is that? Personal experience of their claims procedure and efficiency? Or are you, like the the vast majority of us, reliant on the experiences of others? 

The CMAH insurance was excellent when I had a claim and the general evidence of others confirms this. The premiums are a bit on the high side, but you certainly get what you pay for there.