Servicing

Trying to get my van serviced for May but struggling to get it in,have I got more time like last year because of COVID 

5 minutes ago, bonner said:

Trying to get my van serviced for May but struggling to get it in,have I got more time like last year because of COVID 

Any announcements on the manufacturer's website?

5 minutes ago, bonner said:

why ask us? why not as the manufacturer or the place you bought it from?

macafee2

9 minutes ago, bonner said:

Some dealers are open for servicing as they are classed as the same as other vehicle garages but some have interpreted the rules differently and remain closed.  As above, only your manufacturer can give guidance on extended times for servicing, but you could also try a mobile approved service engineer if nowhere else is doing this work yet.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

2 minutes ago, macafee2 said:

why ask us? why not as the manufacturer or the place you bought it from?

macafee2

From the OPs post I assume he has tried the place he bought it and can't get a slot. Perhaps a mobile engineer would be the answer ?

Our Bailey dealers is closed, but they do have someone answering the phone. 

The service manager told us they will contact us once they can reopen. 

Ours is due in March, plus they have a part to replace under warranty which arrived just after lockdown,  which they will fit.

He said there shouldn't  be problems with  warranty as customers have not been able to get vans serviced on time.

1 minute ago, Cheltenham Caravanner said:

From the OPs post I assume he has tried the place he bought it and can't get a slot. Perhaps a mobile engineer would be the answer ?

???????? I am a little lost as to how your reply fits in with mine?

The op question was do they have more time. Best people to advise, manufacturer if there is a manufacturers warranty or dealer if dealer warranty.  

macafee2

1 minute ago, macafee2 said:

???????? I am a little lost as to how your reply fits in with mine?

The op question was do they have more time. Best people to advise, manufacturer if there is a manufacturers warranty or dealer if dealer warranty.  

macafee2

You're quite right regarding the issue of warranty extension. I was looking more at the issue of the OP not being able to get a service done. 

1 minute ago, 664DaveS said:

Our Bailey dealers is closed, but they do have someone answering the phone. 

The service manager told us they will contact us once they can reopen. 

Ours is due in March, plus they have a part to replace under warranty which arrived just after lockdown,  which they will fit.

He said there shouldn't  be problems with  warranty as customers have not been able to get vans serviced on time.

Have you that in writing, should not is not the same as will not. Do the terms and conditions of the warranty mention anything about not being able to get the van serviced?

macafee2

I have no reason to doubt the service manager, I am sure they could get relevant documentation.

My warranty claim went through last year ,the part has arrived so can be changed during the service.

Its the winch that winds the spare wheel up and down. It jammed after I had to change a wheel due to a leaking valve.

3 bolts ,about10 minutes to change the winch.

The make involved is not given, if it was someone might know. I would check the makers website and see what they have on there. 

Do not  where they are in the guarantee period. You could find that a late service goes past the end of either the general guarantee or the damp one so if that applies and there is a problem, it would be as well to put a claim in now.

Most caravan manufacturers have given a pretty decent extension to the servicing “window” to cater for the difficulties associated with workshops being closed due to Covid restrictions. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

From Swifts website:-

To avoid any unnecessary pressure we are allowing all customers whose service was due between 1st September 2020 and 30th April 2021, additional time, up to an extra 7 months to complete an annual service. Please note that there is no need to notify the Swift Group to claim this extension, because we will apply this extension automatically ensuring that your warranty remains unaffected.

From Coachman website:

Annual services that were due between 1st November 2020 and 31st March 2021 can now be carried out at any point up to 30thJune 2021. Providing the annual service is undertaken by a Coachman approved service partner then your Coachman warranty will be unaffected. 

Please note that future annual services should be undertaken in line with the original date of your vehicle’s registration and the standard terms and conditions of your Coachman warranty apply.

I can't understand why your dealer didn't ask you about booking a service for the following year when you collected your van. Most of us book a year in advance because of this very problem. Your best bet is to try and book a mobile engineer as others have said.

Good luck. 

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

On 03/03/2021 at 16:49, Mr Plodd said:

Most caravan manufacturers have given a pretty decent extension to the servicing “window” to cater for the difficulties associated with workshops being closed due to Covid restrictions. 

this is dated April 2020

3 hours ago, Doosan said:

I can't understand why your dealer didn't ask you about booking a service for the following year when you collected your van. Most of us book a year in advance because of this very problem. Your best bet is to try and book a mobile engineer as others have said.

Good luck. 

I have never booked a year in advance, when I book 3 months in advance I get the pick of dates. Normally we have changed the van every 3 years so wouldn't need a service those years.

On 26/02/2021 at 10:09, bonner said:

you have 6 weeks either side of your service date apart from years 3 &  6  . I can't find anything from Bailey so perhaps you could email them and let us know the answer. 

Our dealer is opening soon for servicing soon. I have booked it in online, just waiting for confirmation.