2015 hobby caravan fridge not working

Hi.

i have a 2015 hobby caravan the fridge has been working perfect until one day it defrosted and has not been getting cold since Iv never had it on gas so I’m not sure if it’s ever worked of it, I’m also getting told it’s the heating element and I’m going to need a new fridge witch seems to be impossible to find or Iv been quoted £1000 to get it repaired witch I think is ridiculous, I’m also finding it so hard For someone to come and look at it to repaire. Anything will help thank you. 

The best thing you could do is get an Approved Workshop engineer to have a look at the fridge.

If it is the electric element that has failed, and they do, then you would be looking around £100 to get it replaced. It most certainly does NOT require a new fridge !!!!!

As the fridge has not been used on gas it would be ideal to get the engineer to service the burner to ensure you can use it safely.

You can find a local engineer here:   https://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/find-approved-workshop

Edited by Brecon
Just now, Brecon said:

The best thing you could do is get an Approved Workshop engineer to have a look at the fridge.

If it is the electric element that has failed, and they do, then you would be looking around £100 to get it replaced.

As the fridge has not been used on gas it would be ideal to get the engineer to service the burner to ensure you can use it safely.

You can find a local engineer here:   https://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/find-approved-workshop

I totally agree.

8 minutes ago, Brecon said:

If it is the electric element that has failed, and they do, then you would be looking around £100 to get it replaced. It most certainly does NOT require a new fridge !!!!!

Thank you so much going to have a look now. 

3 hours ago, Brecon said:

Thank you so much going to have a look now. 

Iv called a few people again and once again getting told I will need a new fridge witch I believe  is £1000-12000 witch is way out of my price range and my daughter is due her baby in June and was really hoping to go to her, does anyone know anyone that will come and have a look at the problem. 

I have no idea who you have talked to but whoever it is they are talking out of their backside.

On a van of 2015 there should be no problem getting the electric element changed, if that is all that is wrong with it.

Even though your van is a Hobby, the fridge is either a Dometic unit or Thetford unit and spares are plentiful and range in price from around £60 to £80 depending on wattage.

The only time a new fridge is needed is if the cooling matrix is punctured and the coolant has leaked out, but on a 2015 van that is most unlikely.

Edited by Brecon