Lifting the Lockdown - Caravanning UK and Abroad

40 minutes ago, ivan leslie said:

As for not making jokes about Covid  and its effects, what else is there to do with it ( apart from taking sensible precautions of course ).

How about taking it seriously for the killer that it is, and having some respect for those that have been directly or indirectly affected by it.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to change our Portsmouth - Caen crossing to later on in May.  This will be the fourth time we have carried forward our original booking  in the past 12 months.  Fingers crossed and all that. 

Posted Images

All the idiots are out with the sunshine today, different households meeting at the park, sitting on benches with no social distancing and having a coffee!

Allegedly that may be allowed from March 8 but don't hold your breath.

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE 2015 with Lunar Clubman si 2011

Tattoos - who would want to make their body look like the wall in a public urinal - they are going to look amazing on a 75 year old - not!

2 hours ago, ivan leslie said:

Oh dear Gordon - not much optimism here is there. 

Actually I do feel quite optomistic - providing people treat the rules seriously and don't act as if they know better than the experts.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

why is is that people can sit in pub gardens from april 12th and be able to go inside to use the toilets,where as on touring sites you cant use the toilets until may 17th.doesnt seem fair

Two completely different scenarios.   In a pub garden, to use the indoor toilet it'll be one in, one out.   Total time for a tinkle about a minute.   A visit to the camp site washroom.   A tinkle - one minute, a shave - 5 minutes, a shower - 10 minutes.   Total 16 minutes.   That's not possible for individual visits, so they stay closed.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

You make a valid point Jayjug but I for one am more than happy to shave and shower in the van BUT would sooner use a proper toilet :-)

I guess that would cause too much reworking of the facilities on a caravan site for it to be practical-shame really.

28 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

You make a valid point Jayjug but I for one am more than happy to shave and shower in the van

Me too!   I don't mind that they're closed one little bit just so long as I c a n    g e t      a   w   a   y   .:P

On 26/02/2021 at 16:32, madasaman said:

reading this I have my doubts we will be going!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1402653/Europe-holidays-UK-ban-Angela-Merk...

Europe holiday ban: UK forced to wait months for EU trips – Merkel kills off summer plans

It seems that Spain has other ideas.   This is what the Spanish press says:-

1335744571_Spaintrael.jpg.914db78306dba7e5d984a11c9b26efc4.jpg

Cyprus hasn't waited for EU we are welcome there and I think Portugal too will welcome us, maybe will prompt Spain to hurry up.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

14 hours ago, David 38 said:

Cyprus hasn't waited for EU we are welcome there and I think Portugal too will welcome us, maybe will prompt Spain to hurry up.

We are welcome a week after having had both doses of vaccine, gained a certificate and the UK government allows us to travel abroad current gov prediction 17th May. If I wished to achieve that it would not be possible until mid May

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

4 minutes ago, Easy T said:

......, gained a certificate .....

Do we know what this is?

Our two dose card we all get at time of jab?

A £30 each piece of paper from GP?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

5 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Do we know what this is?

Our two dose card we all get at time of jab?

A £30 each piece of paper from GP?

The government is preparing a computerised system I have read. Ready for ............. sometime ?? 

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

9 minutes ago, Easy T said:

The government is preparing a computerised system I have read. Ready for ............. sometime ?? 

Probably about the same time as their £22-£37bn track and trace system starts working! :lol:

Presently Cyprus is in the red list for travel meaning quarantine on return. Not sure about Belgium in that regard  but they were also hopeful of opening up in May. 

Alan

17 hours ago, David 38 said:

I think Portugal too will welcome us, maybe will prompt Spain to hurry up.

Portugal may welcome us but I doubt if UK travellers will be able to go.   Their vaccine programme has barely got started and currently Spain has closed all their main borders controls between the two countries.

All the speculation in the world is pointless.

No-one knows when or if any of the restrictions will be lifted. It may well be that the U.K. allows you to leave, but your destination might insist on proof of vaccine, or quarantine on arrival, regular tests when you are there, or just refuse you entry. Some educated guesses maybe but anyone who make firm plans or commitments to travel abroad is taking a chance!

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

2 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

No-one knows when or if any of the restrictions will be lifted. It may well be that the U.K. allows you to leave, but your destination might insist on proof of vaccine, or quarantine on arrival, regular tests when you are there, or just refuse you entry. Some educated guesses maybe but anyone who make firm plans or commitments to travel abroad is taking a chance!

:Plus1:

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

3 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

:goodpost:

Just been informed the CCCf havre cancelled their Springbank Holiday National rally for 2021 at the Lawns, Spalding.

Other rallies will not place until Step 3 of the Governments road map takes place, thought might be May 17th.

Regards, David

On the news loads of idiot football supporters in Scotland breaking the rules.

Wee Jimmy Krankie is not amused. It seems football,and covidiocy go together.:angry:

Bad news for law abiding people if the lockdown is extended in  Glasgow.

Edited by 664DaveS

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

39 minutes ago, 664DaveS said:

On the news loads of idiot football supporters in Scotland breaking the rules …

And what’s worse - apparently there was not a single arrest or fine!

Yet the organiser of a protest against the NHS 1% pay rise has been fined £10,000 by police, and another arrested and fined £200.

It seems that football is too important to be affected by such trivia as the law.

Despite the FA telling them not to,  players are still hugging each other etc. Not a good example to set.

We all have hobbies or pastimes we have had to miss, such as cinema  or theatre and going abroad.

I guess those fans don't  understand no spectators  means do not go to the ground.

Watch it on the damn TV.

Edited by 664DaveS

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

9 hours ago, -Jim- said:

And what’s worse - apparently there was not a single arrest or fine!

Yet the organiser of a protest against the NHS 1% pay rise has been fined £10,000 by police, and another arrested and fined £200.

Where would the outnumbered police start arresting without a riot?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/12780/production/_117484657_gettyimages-1231576119.jpg

Alan

10 hours ago, -Jim- said:

Much as I might sympathise with the objective of this protest, there's more than a whiff of hypocrisy  implicit in organising any large protest let alone one in support of NHS workers.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450