I’m planning on buying a 1954 spartanette which is 34 feet long. My main problem is finding somewhere to permanently pitch it. We were hoping for something in Norfolk or Suffolk . Alternatively Dorset way. We are north London based and want to use it for weekends and holidays with children. Does anyone have any suggestions where we could find a good site,I would really appreciate any help.

All the best and stay safe 

macca

• JanandJay changed the title to Site Suggestions

I think very very few sites will allow people to bring their static on site. 

Most want to sell you a static on their site, but I wish you well in your search. 

I recommend you do not pay anything yet for the static till you find a site to pitch it on. 

Sales of statics are a major source of income on most static sites. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

The vast majority of sites will not allow any vans older than 10 or 20 years old, depending on the site.

A 1954 van will, I suggest, be impossible to find a site for it.

2 hours ago, Macca9 said:

I’m planning on buying a 1954 spartanette which is 34 feet long. My main problem is finding somewhere to permanently pitch it. We were hoping for something in Norfolk or Suffolk . Alternatively Dorset way. We are north London based and want to use it for weekends and holidays with children. Does anyone have any suggestions where we could find a good site,I would really appreciate any help.

All the best and stay safe 

macca

Is this a vintage Airstream touring van?

If so, it is even more unlikely that you will find a static holiday site willing to take it. 

I believe that there are various seasonal sites where you can leave a touring van in order to make repeat visits, so this is probably the type of place you need to look for.

A quick search brings up pictures of the Spartanette caravan and it has an aluminium shiny body. https://www.vintagevacations.co.uk/airstreams/our-trailers/1954-spartanette/ To me it does not look too good so I do not think any static sites would accept one if one could be found that allows very old caravans. At 34 feet long it is about 10 feet longer than most touring caravans so finding a seasonal pitch for tourers might not be easy but you could enquire at the Camping and Caravanning club and the Caravan and Motorhome Club who do seasonal pitches.

If you are not too set on this type of caravan then a more modern touring caravan on a seasonal pitch might be more suitable. You would also stand a chance of towing it with a car rather than needing a truck.

With a vintage van like this, I bet that there is a UK Owners' Club - they may be a good source of information about where it can be sited.

The dealer or person you are buying from may have some ideas too.

Whatever you do, don't get it before you have established where you can keep it - there will almost certainly be somewhere, but it won't be any of the "mainstream" static caravan parks.