Message added by CT Advertising,

ValetProValetPRO cleaning products

Enjoy 15% discount (Code:CT15) from our UK manufactured products.

Trusted by the trade and enthusiasts worldwide.  Click here for more.

Hi all,

I have done my homework/research on the forum with mixed opinions on brands etc,

So can anyone recommend a all round cleaner for the van must echo first time ever i've owned a caravan tbh it has been standing outside for a while so the roof is pretty grimy dirty etc

thanks all

Another vote for fenwicks

in the autumn or when laying up the van use the overwinter I tend to use the over winter on the roof all year round it works for me

Elbow grease but after cleaning give it a good polish eg Autoglym super resin polish to make future cleaning easier. I top up ours with carplan number 1top gloss.So easy to apply.

MuckOff, either the (more expensive) caravan version or the (cheaper) bike version. Gets blacks streaks off in a jiffy! Best to look for when Halfords have an offer on a 5L bottle - can be as much as half price reduction.

Oh, and a couple of tablespoonsful of the liquid in your washer bottle and you will <never> have oil or wax streaks on your windscreen. It is soluble and biodegradable.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

I use fenwicks and also Muck Off for the more stubborn  bits then it's a good rinse and autglym super resin polish to finish.

Some use Canuba Wax or similar to finish but our van isn't new enough to worry too much about that.

fwiw ....

Good rinse down of water prior to remove any dust & grit.

Triple wax car wash (used for years) in warm water, Micro fibre Sponge and a 'soft' car wash brush on a pole. Old soft toothbrush for tight edges around trims etc + on a short pole to reach around edges of roof hatch sealants (always have black mould). Always do roof fully first.

Then use a garden type simple sprayer to apply a coat of Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler @ 6 water to 1 part BD = found v.good.

If a detergent (like most washing up liquids) is aggressive (normal) it will also remove all waxes etc as well = clean van that gets dirty quickly again.

Do not use abrasive sponges or pan scrubs or miracle sponges = will clean but ruin smooth finish.  

Micro fibre cloths, Autoglym car polish Spring & Autumn + Farecla G3 for any mild light abrasive polishing areas or marks.

M

We use Fenwicks works for us checkout u-tube they have demo on there.

now retired and loving it

Thanks all for your reply's  really helpful tbh 

Much appreciated thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jayson C, try the "Ask Elliott" feature on the Caravan cleaner Section.

He is an actual car & caravan valet 

Might help