Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I recently went through this, settled on the same style as mentioned earlier. AL-KO and Knott parts, galvanised, brand new, absolutely brilliant for the money.

 

Trailer Link to Ebay

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes they are sold under a few different names and the spares and accessories available is amazing. Extended sides, covers, racks etc etc.

Back in our camping days I had one with the ABS lid and bike rack. Only issue I had was a seized wheel bearing  (they are tiny ) causing the hub assembly to fail. It was only by chance I noticed the w

Yes, on my trailer the cable does run in the draw bar. I have never removed my draw bar, so can't tell you. What you could do it run the cable on the outside and use those easily removable cable ties

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Finally purchased an Erde 143 trailer today, collecting next week when it's been delivered to the supplier.

 

Found out today why there are so many different brands of essentially the same Erde trailer (Maypole, Lidel, SY etc). Apparently China stated making a cheaper version, using thinner steel and different wheels etc, so Erde decided to copy the Chinese and make identical lower spec trailers to compete. These are all made by Erde in their factory in France, but sold under different brand names, essentially forcing China out of the market.

 

Anyway, I now need to make a skate on swivel castors to sit it on when upended, so I can move it about in my garage to store it. But with restricted height clearance the skate needs to be as low profile as possible. I could bolt castors to the tailgate itself, but I don't really want to drill holes in a brand new trailer.

 

 

Edited by JCCD
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JCCD said:

 

 

Found out today why there are so many different brands of essentially the same Erde trailer (Maypole, Lidel, SY etc). Apparently China stated making a cheaper version, using thinner steel and different wheels etc, so Erde decided to copy the Chinese and make identical lower spec trailers to compete. These are all made by Erde in their factory in France, but sold under different brand names, essentially forcing China out of the market.

 

 

 

Erde have done different ranges for decades. Some are a cheaper line that they allow others to rebrand, some have the same quality with higher spec that they moved into the trade market such as the Daxara. 

 

You just need to do a bit of research on the exact model you are looking to buy. The cheaper lines are easy to spot.

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2021 at 22:20, Metheone said:

I recently went through this, settled on the same style as mentioned earlier. AL-KO and Knott parts, galvanised, brand new, absolutely brilliant for the money.

 

Trailer Link to Ebay

I have a very similar one on my drive, bought from a company in Corby.  Mine  has been heavily used over the 2 years that I have had it and is way better than the three Erde/Daxara trailers that preceded it all of which ended up with failed suspension or wheel bearings.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JCCD said:

Finally purchased an Erde 143 trailer today, collecting next week when it's been delivered to the supplier.

 

Found out today why there are so many different brands of essentially the same Erde trailer (Maypole, Lidel, SY etc). Apparently China stated making a cheaper version, using thinner steel and different wheels etc, so Erde decided to copy the Chinese and make identical lower spec trailers to compete. These are all made by Erde in their factory in France, but sold under different brand names, essentially forcing China out of the market.

 

Anyway, I now need to make a skate on swivel castors to sit it on when upended, so I can move it about in my garage to store it. But with restricted height clearance the skate needs to be as low profile as possible. I could bolt castors to the tailgate itself, but I don't really want to drill holes in a brand new trailer.

 

 

Make the skate larger than the trailer and recess the castors upwards, so that the trailer sits in a "sink" if you get what I mean.

-----__________----

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another suggestion is to line the floor with a plywood board to protect the aluminum from being dented...I didn't but will do so for my next trailer...and fit a jockey wheel....makes it easier to move when loaded up...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, daveat92 said:

Make the skate larger than the trailer and recess the castors upwards, so that the trailer sits in a "sink" if you get what I mean.

-----__________----

 

I actually sketched out a design this morning that matches your suggestion. I'm storing in upended in my carport, which is pretty much an enclosed garage.

 

I'm going with 100mm rubber castors as my floor isn't smooth. I reckon small nylon castors will dig into the bumps. My design recesses the castors so that the underside of the skate is just 2cm above the floor, which should give the hitch just enough clearance from the ceiling obstructions.

 

A little rain does get into the carport so I'm using a waterproof cover, it's actually a garden swing seat cover. I just need to make sure it has some ventilation to it doesn't trap moisture.

 

100mm_medium_duty_swivel_castor_rubber_wheel_83707jpeg.jpg.a1283eeb0746c5af0ccd327ddb37a0fa.jpg

 

Edited by JCCD
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can anyone with an Erde trailer confirm if the hitch is easily removable please, looks like there's just a couple of bolts?  

 

Im making a skate with castors for moving the trailer when upended, but I have limited height in my garage. If the hitch is removable then it gives me more room to play with.

 

1619694027_Screenshot2021-04-13at13_20_06.thumb.png.f588f0afe0b2be3094271945b1b16366.png

 

 

Edited by JCCD
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JCCD said:

Can anyone with an Erde trailer confirm if the hitch is easily removable please, looks like there's just a couple of bolts? 

 

Yes!   Mine has two 17mm bolts top to bottom.   Same as the pic.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jaydug said:

 

Yes!   Mine has two 17mm bolts top to bottom.   Same as the pic.

 

Brill, thanks for confirming that. Makes things easier for me seeing as I have a few more centimetres to play with,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Collected the Erde 143 trailer today.

 

1155584333_IMG_1047copy.thumb.JPG.9d51751340361b155b77343011526f5e.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by JCCD
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got it home and made a skate to upend it onto, and wheel into my carport. Thankfully the drawbar can easily be removed or repositioned by just removing one bolt along with the tipping pin & R-clip.

 

IMG_1052.thumb.JPG.b3d2a0a66e498d981e09b95669e60d8a.JPG

 

IMG_1054.thumb.JPG.ced731c608313b8f9cc977d6a015e976.JPG

 

 

Covered it with a patio swing seat cover to give it some protection when stored..

 

IMG_1056.thumb.JPG.eab99530a56cf8f09b2dce5c4f4c5903.JPG

Edited by JCCD
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't worry to much about keeping it fully protected.  Mine sits outside in all weathers and has done for 15 years.

The only signs of any corrosion has been on the jockey wheel which I replaced for £20 and took less than a minute to change.

 

Photo taken earlier this year,

 

image.png.aaf4ccdf1ed01729a96874083948c114.png

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I have recently bought a 2nd hand Daxara 107 … it’s in excellent condition , it’s fully esembled , I’ve never had a trailer before and did manage to hitch it up and drive it a short distance .. hopefully I did it correctly.. but I’m still not 100%..

The trailer locking system has 3 symbols on side .. ok , stop and a yellow warning ⚠️.. 

Also on the handle is what resembles a pin of some sort .. mot sure if that is or isn’t .

 

Has anyone got this trailer or a video etc of the correct way it should be hooked up , in regards to the handle realise button , pin , safety chain etc..

I have searched online with no success .

 

Thanks 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone else is looking for one, Catterick Caravans have some in the doorway of their accessory shop.

Not sure of the prices, but they usually do mail order. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...