Bailey build schedule

I have a new Phoenix + on order for a build date of first week in February. I know I won’t be able to take delivery of it till 

things get better but I was wondering if the build dates were on course or behind. Has anybody been notified by there dealer about delivery lately and was it as predicted. 

Have you seen the latest Bailey video on the subject? Check Bailey on YouTube 

New vans are still being delivered to Dealers and some Dealers are using ‘click and collect’ to get them out to buyers much the same as car dealerships do.

I’ve seen the Bailey statement and know they are still working but was just wondering if they are on schedule for delivery. Not seen or heard about the video though. Is it on the Bailey website. My dealer is closed apart from sales but workshop closed and need mover swapped so a no go there. 

One of many that they have released in the last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?utm_campaign=12146926_February+newsletter&utm_medium=Dotmailer&utm_source=email_marketing&dm_i=25PH%2C78CMM%2CFQBOM5%2CTB4BH%2C1&v=6t0pyQPqDvE&feature=youtu.be

Worth registering on their web site for the news latter to get the updates.

Thanks for that Alan. Very interesting. 

1 hour ago, Leesdad12 said:

I’ve seen the Bailey statement and know they are still working but was just wondering if they are on schedule for delivery. Not seen or heard about the video though. Is it on the Bailey website. My dealer is closed apart from sales but workshop closed and need mover swapped so a no go there. 

There is another thread about new vans going on.

On there someone reported that they had been informed by their Dealer that new van had arrived. They took the ‘old’ van in one day last week for a mover swap, and the Dealer was arranging a ‘click and collect’ slot early next week to pick up the new van. This member also said the Dealer said that delivery was possible if under 20miles.

Someone else reported that their Dealer had made enquiries about click and collect (think it was to the local authority) and had been advised that it was acceptable, same as car dealers are doing.

My vans already at the dealers but until the workshop is back it’ll have to wait. Won’t be going anywhere for a couple of months anyway 

On 07/02/2021 at 11:50, Leesdad12 said:

I have a new Phoenix + on order for a build date of first week in February. I know I won’t be able to take delivery of it till 

things get better but I was wondering if the build dates were on course or behind. Has anybody been notified by there dealer about delivery lately and was it as predicted. 

Yes they are on course.  Mine will be built next week on time. 

Edited by war200

Good to hear that. Just out of curiosity does anyone have an idea of how long it actually takes to build a van from chassis’s assembly to end of production line.  As suggested I’ve been watching a few videos on YouTube and it sent the old brain into overdrive haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2021 at 14:53, Leesdad12 said:

Good to hear that. Just out of curiosity does anyone have an idea of how long it actually takes to build a van from chassis’s assembly to end of production line.  As suggested I’ve been watching a few videos on YouTube and it sent the old brain into overdrive haha. 

About 4 hrs if every station hits their cycle time

Had a email last week and it should be at the dealers in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully. If Boris opens things up a bit we might take delivery some time this year.  Haha. That’s some going for a time on build. 

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 10/02/2021 at 00:39, war200 said:

Yes they are on course.  Mine will be built next week on time. 

They are way behind mine was for a March build then 12 th April now May that’s for a Phoenix 640+

Edited by StephyAnn

Back in February they were on time.  

Build date was first week in February. Picked it up from dealer 24 March. You won’t be disappointed with the van but not too happy with the fridge shelves issue but that’s on another thread on here 

Have u got Seties 10 Fridge? My shelves are cracking on the Alicanto Fridge!

Yes bud. But only 1. Ongoing thing with Bailey and dometic. 

6 hours ago, Leesdad12 said:

Yes bud. But only 1. Ongoing thing with Bailey and dometic. 

Our 640+ slipped by one week but all OK now and delivered 17th April, already mentioned the Series 10 shelf issue, you should get two door and two steel shelves as per the Dometic website, of the four Phoenix+'s that our dealer received ours was missing shelves but were supplied from another caravan. Ice cube makes was missing but not a big issue. 

Just had a email from Bailey to fill in a survey on the van. Filled it in and yes I did mention the missing shelves. 😂😂. Going to get a Bailey bear for my efforts and hopefully some more shelves 

Delivery dates may start to slip, whilst at our Bailey dealer today they said that supply chain issues are now starting to affect manufacturers in Germany, this may affect products from Truma, Dometic & AL-KO.

The dealership have also placed orders for 2022 models and have already sold 5.

Also completed the survey so hopefully a bear will be on its way:) 

• 3 weeks later...

yep, we have a 2021 Pegasus Grande SE Palermo on order, told it is due mid June, no idea if it will arrive then though.   Was the last 2021 the dealer had on its order books, they said they have ordered several 2022, delivery commencing just before Christmas, they didn't know the 2022 prices yet even for those ordered, but were expecting an increase of at least #1400 and knew due to supply chain, Bailey will be manufacturing less caravan in 2022 than they did in 2021......