Taking Caravan for annual service

Can I take my Caravan out of storage on a 17mile trip to get it to it`s booked annual service

My caravan was booked in for warranty work in January but it was put back by the workshop/manufacturer to April when my service is due , hoping that restrictions on travel had been lifted by then. I don't think it is allowed at the moment.

I took my van into Chichester caravans on the 9th December (before lockdown) for a service and some warranty work. That had been put back 2 months. They returned it on the 19th January (during lockdown) and everything appears to be fixed. They were shut down over Christmas but I had no problem with them giving me 6 weeks free storage. We weren't going to use the van in any case. I have to say Sargent were very prompt in sending out the new parts. 

Its debateable whether taking your caravan to the dealers or fetching it back during lockdown is essential travel. I think you can expect some attention from the constabulary but I don't think they would impose a fine,  although I've seen that people have been done for travelling to pick up new cars. I don't know how you would check short of ringing them.

My caravan was originally booked in for warranty work in November. That was postponed until January and then again to April. I'm hoping that by then the dealer will be open and I'll be able to travel.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

This probably means going over your local authority boundary which could be the problem. 

29 minutes ago, Stuart T said:

Can I take my Caravan out of storage on a 17mile trip to get it to it`s booked annual service

Ask yourself, is it essential travel? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

And will the dealer be open for servicing during lockdown? 🤔

My dealer IS open for workshop related activities, apparently they have sought advice and been told that a trailer caravan falls under the same umbrella as other vehicles and repair work/servicing is permitted. 

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

14 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

My dealer IS open for workshop related activities, apparently they have sought advice and been told that a trailer caravan falls under the same umbrella as other vehicles and repair work/servicing is permitted. 

If the dealership is open then I would go ahead. The government wants businesses to continue wherever possible.

Ours is booked in for service with our mobile man next week. I asked him about bringing it home from storage. He said it falls into the same area as car service and should I get stopped let him Talk to police, he says he has had a couple of conversations with police when his customers have been stopped and they have been most understanding, although he did point out as long as the journey is local. 
I went and got the van from storage today which amounts to a 10 mile round trip, was very apprehensive but didn’t see any police.

It can stay on the drive now till it’s easier and less stressful to travel