Won’t be going  at the moment as you have to be tested both ways  even though me and my wife will have been vaccinated before April  and that’s no guarantee  you  will not have a positive test and all the problems that can bring

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wont be going back to France until Macron has gone, hope everybody has a better 2021 than last year.

Won't be going to France again in this lifetime! Done it before and don't see the attraction.   Just us 

Went to France with van once, rained nearly every day, never felt the need to go again.

Posted Images

I would like to thank everybody that has contributed to this post, some interesting reading.

I will be touring France as normal  (unless Macron decides different)  But when I will be able to go to the UK to see my family and new granddaughter (who is nearly a year old ) I do not know. 

Safe travels all where ever you may go.

Now living in Haute Vienne France

On 05/02/2021 at 06:17, MGBGTV8 said:

Things have gone a bit quiet on here so.

Who's planning to come to France this year? (if possible)

What are your destinations?

I would prefer that it is not a discussion on what you can or cannot bring with you.

John

We are coming on the first day that we are allowed out of this country and into France.  We managed to get over on the 12th July last year (2020) and stayed until the 26th October.  Both our sons were able to come and stay in our village, with their families,  They kept to all current travel guidance application on their dates of travel.  We were all safe, we didn't mix with others outside our three households, none of us caught Covid or passed it on to anyone else, and we all managed to get insurance cover.   They got back just before they were required to quarantine, and we stayed on.  Unfortunately we had to quarantine on return, and went straight into Tier 3, and from that into the current lockdown.    But we will certainly be going back as soon as we possibly can.

We have booked our ferry, in fact booked it last year using our deposits from last years cancelled trip. Same goes for the site in the Dordogne. Hopefully we will be allowed to go, if not we will holiday in this country if allowed. Really getting fed up now, going stir crazy.

We’ve been travelling to France and other European country’s since the 80s cancelled last year as we thought it not advisable for us to travel with currant conditions.

This year no travel plans but hope restrictions will be lifted when the time is right and book a crossing .

Will 2021 be open for holiday travel maybe ? it’s definitely going to be more expensive and probably come with restrictions.

So for us it’s still wait and see although it looks unlikely as Europe still a long way behind with there vaccination program .

I will open a bottle while I wait.

5 minutes ago, weekender said:

So for us it’s still wait and see although it looks unlikely as Europe still a long way behind with there vaccination program .

I will open a bottle while I wait.

I think it may look like that, just depends on how certain governments cook the books.

enjoy the bottle, or two.

Now living in Haute Vienne France

On 07/02/2021 at 09:21, Allan Guest said:

Hi Nick, That’s a long way for a two week holiday!

Allen,

I drive for a living so don't mind the long distance and France is such an easy country to travel though we don't see it as a problem, we average about 200  miles a day going down which is fairly leisurely, spend 2 weeks in Spain then travel back up over 3 x days/2 nights plus 1 in Calais.

Just hope we can go this year..

Volvo XC60 & Hobby Premium 540efu

1 hour ago, MGBGTV8 said:

enjoy the bottle, or two.

Thanks wish I was close enough to share🥂

6 hours ago, Nick J said:

Allen,

I drive for a living so don't mind the long distance and France is such an easy country to travel though we don't see it as a problem, we average about 200  miles a day going down which is fairly leisurely, spend 2 weeks in Spain then travel back up over 3 x days/2 nights plus 1 in Calais.

Just hope we can go this year..

I too hope things improve  but sadly now decided this year is too soon, due to our holiday preferences, and have booked sites here.

If you go have a great trip!

Not until their vaccination levels are the same as ours.

To me, the level of vaccinations in a country is not a decisive factor.   If you have the 2 vaccinations, then you are protected to a very high percentage with no link to the level of vaccination in the country you are visiting.  It is the level  and spread of infections that is important as that triggers imposition of restrictions  in countries, usually at short notice.   A high level of vaccinations should, in the longer term, lower this risk but it will be a long time before the majority of the population in any country will be vaccinated.

Yes, we have booked 28 days in the summer, stayed in England last year had a good time but can’t wait to get back to France, we have booked train and a few sites via the caravan club so I think money we have paid will rollover to another time if we are all unable to travel, if we can’t go happy to stay in England. We stayed in Kent last year and could see France on a clear day, couldn’t believe how nice kent was didn’t really stay in our own county only for weekends away , thanks pete 

1 hour ago, dustypete said:

We stayed in Kent last year and could see France on a clear day, couldn’t believe how nice kent was didn’t really stay in our own county only for weekends away , thanks pete 

We have thought about Kent a few times, where abouts would you recommend ?

Coachman VIP 575. Mercedes ML 250 auto, One wife, three kids, five Grandkids.

11 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

If you're a member you could stay at the Caravan Club's  Black Horse Farm.   I stayed there a couple of years ago.   See:

https://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/blogs/entry/449-back-to-kent/

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

30 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

We stayed at sandwich fishery campsite was only £15 a night just gone up to £18 that’s for caravan and family but not sure, we have booked again for mid June, deal not far really liked it there , lovely pubs just at entrance to pier , ramsgate, broadstairs, margate all not far even a day trip to France if you fancy it , sorry to go off topic, thanks pete 

7 hours ago, Jaydug said:

If you're a member you could stay at the Caravan Club's  Black Horse Farm.   I stayed there a couple of years ago.   See:

https://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/blogs/entry/449-back-to-kent/

We prefer the smaller CL type sites if possible, but thanks for the heads up.

6 hours ago, dustypete said:

We stayed at sandwich fishery campsite was only £15 a night just gone up to £18 that’s for caravan and family but not sure, we have booked again for mid June, deal not far really liked it there , lovely pubs just at entrance to pier , ramsgate, broadstairs, margate all not far even a day trip to France if you fancy it , sorry to go off topic, thanks pete 

Will take a look for later in the year, hopefully.:ph34r:

Coachman VIP 575. Mercedes ML 250 auto, One wife, three kids, five Grandkids.

I wouldn't have thought many caravanners would be abroad just now with travel restrictions, however some must have gone before lockdown began to bite.   I've just been reading in the Costa del Sol local newspaper that 30 illegally parked motorvans and campers have been turned off the empty beach-front plot situated at Los Alamos.  

2055083165_Motorvansevicted.thumb.png.138f4e4d3f4a533a3473840368b7bfff.png

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

On 05/02/2021 at 10:40, robertB said:

Won't be going to France again in this lifetime!

Done it before and don't see the attraction.

Just us :)

Can’t agree with your sentiment. France is a wonderful place. Biarritz, here we come, again.

On 05/02/2021 at 17:27, Mr Plodd said:

Well you really have no idea of what you have missed :unsure: 

Fabulous country, lovely people (except the Parisians, they are even hated by the rest of France)  wonderful/food/wine/cheese and a caravaners heaven !!  Oh, and camping over there is much cheaper than the U.K. and even better if you use ACSI Camping Card (Google it, but make sure you look at the “camping card” details) 

Well said. I couldn’t agree more.

The Alsace wine routes in September all being well. 

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I would love to go, we have a  paid for crossing Bilbao out and Caen back carried over from 2020 with multiple changes as its a flexi ticket. I really dont understand how anyone could go to France and dismiss it . I have been touring the continent since 1980 and for the last 20 years been going twice each year  for a total of 4 months. Weatherwise we prefer Spain and Portugal and just love Croatia but if forced to choose one country that has it all and is undoubtedly the easiest its got to be France. No matter what you are looking for they have got it.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

16 hours ago, David in Cheshire said:

I would love to go, we have a  paid for crossing Bilbao out and Caen back carried over from 2020 with multiple changes as its a flexi ticket. I really dont understand how anyone could go to France and dismiss it . I have been touring the continent since 1980 and for the last 20 years been going twice each year  for a total of 4 months. Weatherwise we prefer Spain and Portugal and just love Croatia but if forced to choose one country that has it all and is undoubtedly the easiest its got to be France. No matter what you are looking for they have got it.

Hi David

Croatia is on our list.  I have never been but the national parks look amazing.  How is it travelling around?  Are caravan sites plentiful.  Someone described Croatia as a long beach strip and narrow winding mountain roads in the interior.  The narrow winding roads sound a bit worrying!

Re reading all the posts on this thread I've almost a tear in my eye thinking about all the good times we've had in France 🇫🇷  from the kids being little to my mental 50th birthday, happy days.

• 2 weeks later...

We are *SO* looking forward to our trip to France in June this year!!!  Can't blummin' wait!!

*all statements are made with the usual Covid Caveats in place

I have heard that there is some anti British feelings running high in France at the moment,what with Brexit!the vaccination mess up and the French press stirring things up.

Hope it doesn’t spoil anyone’s holiday,we love France as well,but 2019 was the last year we can go abroad  due to age and health,very sadly.

1 hour ago, Pheasant said:

I have heard that there is some anti British feelings running high in France at the moment,what with Brexit!the vaccination mess up and the French press stirring things up.

Hope it doesn’t spoil anyone’s holiday,we love France as well,but 2019 was the last year we can go abroad  due to age and health,very sadly.

That's certainly not the case in the village where we have a little house, or the campsite where we store our caravan.  We have recently had emails from friends in our village saying they can't wait to see us again, and from the campsite saying that they hope we will be back as soon as we are able to travel.  I think some of the the UK newspapers like to stir up discontent and anti-European feeling and do this by suggesting that there is anti-British feeling in Europe.