Hi

looking to possibly purchase a Swift Oakmere GT 2008.

Apparently it’s a dealer special?

Couple of questions if anyone can help!

The ‘consumer unit’ is located in the wardrobe, yet it looks pretty sparse.. are there fuses located elsewhere?? I couldn’t find them..

It seems a little less plush than the normal Charisma, which it’s based upon, is this right?

Any other information would be great!

many thanks

For most caravans, there are only two or three MCB’s on the 240v circuits. 
For the 12v circuits, there is normally a bank of automotive type fuses (various styles used over the years).  Generally, the fuses and MCB’s are local to each other. 
Dealer special vans are usually a higher spec than the van they are based on. Some of the upgrades may not be obvious on a quick look. Things like better seat cushions, heavy duty steady legs. Etc. 
It seems that the dealer specials offer good value for money when new, and desirable second hand. 

Hi

Thanks for the reply..

I would have expected the 12v fuses to be in the same place but they aren’t, hopefully picture attached..

That was my expectation of a dealer special as well.,

cheers

4EA9E685-820D-481D-95CC-CE7A0C0C352E.jpeg

100LeeLee,  FYI the Oakmere, Delamere, Bridgemere and other ‘Mere’ caravans came from Harringtons Caravans in Cheshire. They were taken over by (I think) Discover Leisure about 12 years ago, but closed very soon afterwards. So your van was probably one of their last ones. I think the Oakmere vans were based on the Charisma model of the time.

Edited by -Jim-

Maybe you could follow the wiring from the battery and see if it goes to a fuse box and the charger. Our first caravan did not have 12 volt fuses but small rocker switches that could be used to reset if they tripped, a bit like mcbs.

Swift Group caravans often have/had fuse panels and even the habitation relays on / in a panel under the front seats where the 2x7pin (or 13 pin) cable enters.  Nearside or offside depending one where the other stuff is.

Likely mounted on the front bulkhead.

Swift can likely provide the generic manual with wiring diagrams (but never the location) if you ask nicely.

Edited by Rodders53

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.