How many miles and sites in the last 12 months

Just had the tow car mot'd.

Number of miles driven in last 12 months : 2,200.     Would normally be between 7,000 and 8,000

Wife's car miles driven : 2011.   Would normally be around 4,000

Number of caravan sites visited : 3.   Would normally be between 5 and 9.

Volvo V70 D4 Estate automatic Swift Challenger SE 580

Car has done 12,000 miles, would have been just over 20,000 miles.

Caravan sites visited in last 12 months is three (July, August and October), would have usually been six.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Probably less than 1500. Sites 4, all in UK.  Normally 3 to 4 months away at least 2 in Europe.

Edited by 664DaveS

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Car 2500ish, would have been 9000 at least. Sites 0, last year should have been at least 5 over around 9 weeks :(

Retirement, the best job I've ever had. The only problem is, I don't get a day off.

You know you're an intellectual when you hear The William Tell Overture and you don't think of the Lone Ranger.

Our towcar has done less than 2K miles last year. We usually go to France for 14 weeks touring with the caravan plus we stay on a few sites in England but we only managed one site at Cirencester for 6 days (that is the best we could get). Hope to do better this year.

After more than 35 years caravanning changed to motorhome for 5 years and loved it but now back in the fold of caravanning but still miss our motorhome.

Kia Sorento KX3 Auto - sold our 2018 Coachman VIP and now await our 2021 Coachman Laser Xcel 575 Special Edition

7 sites visited last year and towed 675 miles.  In 2019 it was 14 and 3200 miles.  Between being 'let out' on 4th July and the end of September, we managed 5 holidays - but all on CLs and CSs and very local. However, we only spent £1100 on sites fees as compared with over £2000, the year before.

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

13 sites, 121 nights, towing mileage 2000 miles.

Discovery mileage 8000.

Discovery normally covers 16000 miles and we do 280 nights, France and UK.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

On 14/01/2021 at 12:23, Cheltenham Caravanner said:

Just had the tow car mot'd.

Number of miles driven in last 12 months : 2,200.     Would normally be between 7,000 and 8,000

Wife's car miles driven : 2011.   Would normally be around 4,000

Number of caravan sites visited : 3.   Would normally be between 5 and 9.

Since visiting the NEC show in February 2020:-

Motorhome 53 miles (taken for a service plus a minor repair, and MOT) Normally around 5000 miles

Small car normally carried on the trailer behind the MH - Less than one mile - garage for service and MOT is just 0.2 miles away! Normally around 1200 miles

No nights away since February 2020 :( Usually about 45 nights

MGTF Just over 1000 miles. Typically about 4,500

Volvo 1800 miles Previously around 20,000

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

My predominantly work car 9300,down from 11/12000.Towcar which is also wifes daily driver, 6500,down from about the same as mine. Had a plan to use caravan for at least a weekend away in every month. Got off to a good start with January and February, then nothing till August, September and October/November. Total of 24 nights on 5 different sites. 

I've had my car for 15 months now and only done 14,000 miles in it.

Over the same period before getting it I was averaging between 26,000 and 27,000 works mileage. 
Last year 1 site visited for 7 nights. normally about 66 nights.

Since last March I've done  2769 miles. From Jan2020 until March lockdown I did 6594.

Could say my car has had a good rest 

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Done about 2,500ish miles.  Went to one site, which is about two hours drive from where I live.  Have got a site booked for May this year to Oxford (from Manchester).  Also want to go to Exe Valley on Exmoor, Somerset, but not booked yet.  Waiting to see what happens

Miles, I'm guessing 11000, probably 2000 down.

Nights away 

January 10 one site

February 11 one site

March 5 one site 

July/August  56 six sites

December 2 one site 

290 miles towing.

4 nights away in August (booked for 7, but came home after 4 nights due to weather).

Missed our usual trips away in May to Norwich and Fakenham (family visits), and trips in June/July and September (owners club rallies).

Car covered 7,853 miles between MOT tests on 16/5/19 and 9/11/20 (6 month test exemption included). I would normally do up to 8,000 miles each year, between tests.

44 nights away.

7 sites.

1453 towing miles - all in the UK.

We consider ourselves very lucky to have achieved these trips during the pandemic. Wonder what 2021 will bring? Our first booked trip (Rally, end of Feb) has already been cancelled, so that’s one down, ????? to go..........

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

Not sure of mileage as I never log it,but I do notice I am now getting  over 3 months to the gallon.

I do class myself as lucky as Oxford CCC site in January then lockdown, New Forest Centenary CMC Site not my first choice but hay ho! Castleton  and Conkers.

Various rallies and meets cancelled though.

All CMC sites I used the £120 for £100 offer.

Nothing at all since September 2020 which is unheard off to be laid up that long.

In 2020 we did 15 sites totalling 63 nights and (approx 2700) miles towing. The big difference was that we only did  2 rallies.

2020 further broke-down as 35 nights in Spain January to March (the 2 C&CC winter rallies) and then 28 nights in UK between July and October.

Versus 2019 which was 20 sites totalling 66 nights (all in the UK) with approx 2400 miles towing. The big difference being we did 10 rallies; 10 to 15 rallies per year being the norm between 1993 and 2019.

Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake (2018) towing Coachman VIP575 (2018).

None, there that was easy wasn't it, caravan serviced in February ready for our first trip of the season at Somers Wood for the  photographic show at the NEC only to receive the dreaded vulnerable letter and stay home instructions. Car filled up in Feb and still full, good job I use redex we've done about 8 miles in 11 months back and forth from the doctors surgery for blood tests and checks so far I'm getting 11 months to the gallon that's some sort of record for a landcruiser economy record - roll on the jab :)

About 3000 down from a norm of 20,000 plus,  been working from home since February and not met a single colleague face to face since then.  Visited 5 sites in three trips.  blown , wet and cold August bank holiday then we were lucky enough to catch the hot weather in September for a lovely week in N Wales, leaving there and  then a frosty Derbyshire just before restrictions arrived.  Also lent the van to our daughter for a week at Haven so all in all it had about 4 weeks use.  Originally had planned a 3 week trip to Poland via relatives in Germany.

Laid up since October.

2018 - 268 nights 7713 miles towing.

2019 - 256 nights 4471 miles towing.

2020 - 70 nights 3074 miles towing all pre first lockdown, 4500 miles in total and only three rallies normally 25 to 30 rallies.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

Car in 2020 did 8500 less than usual (not towing)

caravan on axle stands since November 2019

Bought a new bike with some of the cash I saved !