Retired at last. Will it affect my insurance premiums?

9 hours ago, Paul1957 said:

Good job this was not the first reply to the topic, we would all have had nothing to do :D

You could always start a thread about whether to use a de-humidifier over the winter, or one about whether a caravans gross weight includes the  load on the tow hitch, or if we voted correctly re Brexit, or if X make of caravans are better than Y make, or if the new vaccines are safe etc 

Plenty of scope to keep us busy  :D

• Haha 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Retirement did not affect my premiums, but reducing my estimated annual mileage did.

Incorrect. You need to advise if your personal circumstances change.

Didn't affect me at the time (I took early retirement to look after hubby).  I only had two years to go anyway.  So officially retired in May 2019.  Anyway, hubby passed away in August 2019, and I wen

4 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

You could always start a thread about whether to use a de-humidifier over the winter, or one about whether a caravans gross weight includes the  load on the tow hitch, or if we voted correctly re Brexit, or if X make of caravans are better than Y make, or if the new vaccines are safe etc 

Plenty of scope to keep us busy  :D

We all need to get out more! 

• I agree completely 1
3 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

We all need to get out more! 

If only  

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Just now, Alan Stanley said:

If only  

Indeed

We are currently isolating due to contact with a person who had positive Covid test (In-laws) 

We come out if house arrest in Monday. 

We go for a walk everyday unless weather is awful! Luckily lots  of places to walk nearby without too many people.

We found a walk round a nearby lake we had never been round, lived here since 88 and its about half a mile away!:)

Bit muddy in places at the moment.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

High spot of our day, driving to a local shopping centre where wife paid a cheque in at Santander, I got a watch battery fitted at Timsons, a few bits from Wilko and takeaway coffees from Subway. Walked the dogs later, crossing the canal on a bridge that we only recently realised had been built. Life in the fast lane... 

2 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

High spot of our day, driving to a local shopping centre where wife paid a cheque in at Santander, I got a watch battery fitted at Timsons, a few bits from Wilko and takeaway coffees from Subway. Walked the dogs later, crossing the canal on a bridge that we only recently realised had been built. Life in the fast lane... 

Boy do you know how to live !

I am almost certain we are going to.

Although we have no symptoms there is the danger that we could have caught it from in-laws, be asymptomatic and therefore run the risk of unknowingly passing it on to someone else, and we would really not want to do that if at all preventable.

If we do test positive it means isolating for another 14 days the thought of which doesn’t exactly fill me with joy though!

We holidayed in Singapore at the start of the year so voluntarily isolated for 14 days on our return “just in case” Four days after we came out of that the whole Country went into lockdown!! So we’ve had plenty of practice now :rolleyes:

Thanks yes they are no worse, which I class as good news !