We've a new Buccaneer Commodore on order & plan to have the roof mounted Truma aircon fitted.

I understand the iNet can also be configured to control this along with the Alde Heating system.

So,,

I'm also going to install a 4g/5g Router & wanted to know if it's possible to connect to the iNet via an ethernet cable or it'd mean I'll need 2x SIM cards.

I've just asked Alde but wondered if anyone's had any experience as I'd not have thought this an unusual request.

Steve

Steve,

Unfortunately I am unable to help you myself but Hymer have replied to CT so please check your personal messages

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Does anyone by chance have a contact email address for Truma customer service or tech support pls?

I can't find anything on their website apart from a generic contact page, I sent a request but they've never replied,,

I have to say Alde by contract have been excellent with communication :)

Regards

Steve

Looking at the product info on the Truma web site it says that the iNet system connects with an app on your phone by Bluetooth if you are in range, or by SMS if not. By definition if it can communicate by SMS it must have on-board cellular capability so you don't need to do anything - it will contact you or you can check or command it all by SMS.

It does not say if it has wi-fi capability. If it does but does not have its own means of sending SMS then all you need is a mi-fi unit which don't cost the earth and can be used for other things as well when you are away from home.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville