Thermal cutout needed for Fanmaster mk1

The thermal cutout / reset has broken on my Fanmaster mk1. Has anyone replaced this item / knows of a source. I have spoke with Gary at Arc Systems - but he doesn't have any. He mentioned 200 deg C re the spec. I have also read elsewhere that 170 deg C is ok.

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement part?

What is the min. temperature I could get away with?

Has anyone used a 'non manual reset' part which worked ok?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

14 minutes ago, mikeduckett said:

The thermal cutout / reset has broken on my Fanmaster mk1. Has anyone replaced this item / knows of a source. I have spoke with Gary at Arc Systems - but he doesn't have any. He mentioned 200 deg C re the spec. I have also read elsewhere that 170 deg C is ok.

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement part?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Have you got a photo of it or any numbers off  it to cross reference, there are lots of styles of casings , as Lost has said RS is a great source of electric/electronic parts and you should be able to source one on there, or temp wise as near as, as longer you don't go for a higher temp.

Another supplier is Farnal,

https://cpc.farnell.com/c/electrical-lighting/plug-in-timers-time-switches/thermal-switches/thermal-cutout-switches

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

The info on the broken unit are elm wood .....2450 ????? L450 95748 - I have had a google around - but not found the same item - hence looking for a close match.

Typically how often does the Fanmaster 'Cutout' typically - is it a very rare event ?

Thanks

On 13/01/2021 at 11:31, mikeduckett said:

d .....2450 ?????

Could where the ??? are be RM or CM and is it white ?

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

Pictures of the faulty device would help.

Both RS and Farnell have PDF data sheets for the Honeywell Elmwood brand of cut-outs to aid selection by package size/outline/fixing and ratings?  RS one here and the Farnell one here 

Over temperature thermal cutouts should never operate in normal use in a well-maintained and properly used system; they are a safety feature to protect against a failure of the main thermostat and/or user stupidity (e.g. covering the fire leading to it overheating). 

User manual reset ones are just to make it simpler to fix once the 'fault' has been cleared (although even those will reset if cold enough it appears, from this data sheet ).  RS stock 10A manual reset devices with 120C and 150C trip settings (whether the right size and terminal type/layout is an unknown for me).

The cutout temperature you need I'm not really qualified to advise on.  (Truma room heaters have two similar devices in them one 'control' 125C that auto resets (below 15 C?) and the other 'limiter' 175 C that is a one-shot device).

The part number might tell someone with an older catalogue/datasheet?  (e.g. the makers, if they have records and can be bothered for a one-off enquiry from an end-user).

Edited by Rodders53

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.