Sink cracked at plug hole

Hello everyone I have a plastic sink in my bathroom and I have managed to crack all around where  plug hole. I am thinking of just getting a ceramic basin and pedastal but would it hold on the wall? Any answers will be helpful thank you 

:welcome:to our great forum. 

Can we assume it's a static so weight is not a problem? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

If it is a static this would depend on the wall it is against. The sink would need Rawlplug type fastenings so you would have to check they would work or buy one with a stand to take the weight. The same would apply to a tourer but you would also have to consider if the additional weight might be a problem for your load allowance.

The sink in my parents previous caravan (ABI Dalesman) did this, I took the sink out, abraded the whole area on the underside and then applied a fibreglass repair paste (such as Isopon P40) available from most motor factors.  Once cured it stopped all of the leaking but on the top-side, i carefully scored the cracks and smeared white acrylic sealant into the cracks.  It was still water-tight when they sold it five years after I repaired it.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

3 hours ago, Silversurf said:

It's a static !

The OP hasn't confirmed that, even if it was, repairing a plastic sink in a static or a tourer would be the same.  If he does fit a ceramic sink to a tourer with an end bathroom, achieving any sort of noseweight will be a challenge!

Leisure Shop Direct do some nice lightweight plastic sinks which can be sunk into a worktop.   They come undrilled so can be fitted with a choice of taps and waste size.

See them HERE

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

32 minutes ago, Jaydug said:

Leisure Shop Direct do some nice lightweight plastic sinks which can be sunk into a worktop.   They come undrilled so can be fitted with a choice of taps and waste size.

See them HERE

They're actually quite reasonably priced.  I'll bookmark that site for future reference.

Sorry yes guys its a static a pemberton st mortiz. I am terrible and clueless at anything when it comes to DIY. If I was to go ceramic I would buy the pedastal aswell. I preferably wanted to just replace the basin as the pedastal is fine but can't find the matching one anywhere. 

9 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

The OP hasn't confirmed that,

It's in his profile !

• Like 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Silversurf said:

It's in his profile !

Never thought of that!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

Never thought of that!

Neither did I either till not too long ago.🙄😉

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes: