Condensation within window casing

• Grandpa Steve changed the title to Condensation within window casing

If you mean you have condensation between the two panels that make up the window, you need to carefully take out the bungs that are located near the top of the inner window panel and allow the condensation to disperse naturally

Best done when the sun is on the window and the bungs replaced before the air in the window can cool and condense again.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

9 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

If you mean you have condensation between the two panels that make up the window, you need to carefully take out the bungs that are located near the top of the inner window panel and allow the condensation to disperse naturally

Best done when the sun is on the window and the bungs replaced before the air in the window can cool and condense again.

Indeed so but that procedure is not available for recent Swift models (and others?) in that there are no bungs to take out.  Wonder, does that mean they are airtight?

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

3 minutes ago, SamD said:

Wonder, does that mean they are airtight?

Not if water vapour can enter !

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

Not if water vapour can enter !

Sorry - who says it can?  I have no problem with mine but just wondered why the newer ones have no bungs.  They are made, I think, by Dometic rather than the more common Dutch Firm

Edited by SamD

1 minute ago, SamD said:

Sorry - who says it can?  I have no problem with mine but just wondered why the newer ones have no bungs.  They are made, I think, by Dometic rather than the more common Dutch Firm

I was inferring that if water vapour entered one of these  without bungs that it would not be airtight !

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

Just now, Silversurf said:

I was inferring that if water vapour entered one of these  without bungs that it would not be airtight !

In that case m'lud we are in total agreement;)

• Haha 1