Hi all,

I am new to this as we purchased our first caravan last year and would really appreciate some help please.

We have a Kampa 500 Air Awning that needs a good clean and a few replacement beams as we got battered by two storms on our first outing last year. I’ve ordered the replacement beams from Kampa but the awning needs a good clean and freshen up then reproofing for the season ahead (hopefully).

I am based in Cardiff and was wondering if anybody could recommend a company that may be able to help?

Many thanks in advance 

John

Thanks for that,much appreciated 

Being new to this,should I clean it on the floor of the driveway and then hang it to dry?

Then reproof?

Thanks again 

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2021 at 09:55, JD100 said:

Hi all,

I am new to this as we purchased our first caravan last year and would really appreciate some help please.

We have a Kampa 500 Air Awning that needs a good clean and a few replacement beams as we got battered by two storms on our first outing last year. I’ve ordered the replacement beams from Kampa but the awning needs a good clean and freshen up then reproofing for the season ahead (hopefully).

I am based in Cardiff and was wondering if anybody could recommend a company that may be able to help?

Many thanks in advance 

John

Tent Valeting Services are very good but they are in Bolton.  If you do a bit of research you'll most likely find something similar local to you. 

People do send their canvasses off for repair very successfully. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Easy enough to do yourself when on the van. Once you fixed your air beams just fit as normal, inflate, zip up all the openings then with a hose and with an awning cleaner and soft car wash brush gently scrub away. Fabsil applied by brush or spray will reproof it.

I normally do my full Isabella on the first trip out after winter. 10+  years old and still looks new.

A few comments:-

1. The roof may be easier to clean with the awning hanging virtically from the awning rail.
  2. Then erect the awning and tension fully before cleaning the front and end walls.
  3. Whan applying a waterproofing such as 'Fabsil', do not do this over grass, as any overspray or spillage acts like a weedkiller and will kill the grass. Also try to avoit it getting onto any plastic windows as it can turn tacky and become difficult to remove later.
  4. Let the awning full dry before taking it down and packing away.

I hope this helps

• Like 1

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.