Jump to content

Caravan club membership fee


Recommended Posts

Received my "newsletter "just now, in it  the club says they are keeping the membership fee for 2021 the same as 2020 . Perhaps if they had put it up they would have had quite a few "drop out" as it is the magazine is all i got this year for my membership fee, expensive magazine.............

Dave☹

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think so too.

Not bothered with the mag for years,  had six weeks on CLs/ club site in the summer couple nights at Christmas on club site,  use there caravan cover and breakdown cover  so get a fair bit out of being a member. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, david 1220 said:

Received my "newsletter "just now, in it  the club says they are keeping the membership fee for 2021 the same as 2020 . Perhaps if they had put it up they would have had quite a few "drop out" as it is the magazine is all i got this year for my membership fee, expensive magazine.............

Dave☹

You have probably had the same result from your investment in a caravan and car, your breakdown insurance, and other fixed costs. How about your caravan insurance? The £54 CMC fee is a relatively small amount in the scheme of things.   

Ern

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Ern said:

You have probably had the same result from your investment in a caravan and car, your breakdown insurance, and other fixed costs. How about your caravan insurance? The £54 CMC fee is a relatively small amount in the scheme of things.   

Hi Ern, Caravan is insured through C&CC, when i renewed my breakdown cover i asked would i still be able to continue the cover with the same level evenif i left the club. Was told i would still be covered even if not a member.

Dave

Edited by david 1220

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the cover will only run until it is up for renewal although it may be they do not check if you are still a member and renew anyway.

Not sure why you would not renew now as this year unless you no longer want to use the sites and services as presumably you will get out later in the year. I suppose you could save a few pounds though by waiting until the sites reopen and rejoin then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering quite a few didn't go away last year, and probably not this year either, I would think that the CMC could at least give people a "free" weekend, as a goodwill gesture.  Like some have said, I'm actually only a member to get the magazine

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Babstreefern said:

Considering quite a few didn't go away last year, and probably not this year either, I would think that the CMC could at least give people a "free" weekend, as a goodwill gesture.  Like some have said, I'm actually only a member to get the magazine

 

Example - Average Club site fee per night of £12 x 2 nights is £24 x 1 million members = £24,000,000.

 

I would prefer they spend that money more wisely.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2021 at 20:25, david 1220 said:

Hi Ern, Caravan is insured through C&CC, when i renewed my breakdown cover i asked would i still be able to continue the cover with the same level evenif i left the club. Was told i would still be covered even if not a member.

Dave

As a member or non member you are not using the service much so return on investment is less. That was my point.

Ern

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

Considering quite a few didn't go away last year, and probably not this year either, I would think that the CMC could at least give people a "free" weekend, as a goodwill gesture.  Like some have said, I'm actually only a member to get the magazine

They did offer a decent discount on site vouchers which, depending how many purchased that would have added up to more than a free weekend! Doesn't really help anyone who might be cash strapped but anecdotally there seemed to be plenty willing to invest in quite high figures to make the maximum use of the offer.

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

 

Caravan Travels

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have invested in the vouchers so have plenty of free outings for this year so a free weekend might be worth less to me although a free first night this year might be a gesture but the cost may be too high given the inevitable losses last year and the loss of the early season this.

Like most businesses survival this year is probably top of the list of priorities and with very high bookings for this year free days might not be worthwhile. Weekends are the days booked up and harder to get, so a free day midweek might be easier to fund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity CMC don’t follow C&CC with an “electronic” reduced membership fee if you do away with the monthly magazine and site handbook.

Link to post
Share on other sites

before last year I was honestly thinking of cancelling my CMC membership, however in light of last year, where because of the lock downs and then when we did go out we decided to stay local, just in case, but it meant that we cancelled 6 times. As we could cancel with CMC with no deposits to worry about  I would say that saved us  about  £150. The icing on the cake came when we did renew the club sent us a free night voucher as a thank you. So for now  it's the CMC for us.

p.s. I asked the club for a price book and the answer was that they are not printing them at the moment because of VAT changes, but that this may change after lock down if the demand is there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

26 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

We have received a new sites book with the prices in.

 

The prices are only shown as 'From' and so you have no idea what the maximum price is for high season without looking at the website.

 

See page 29 where it says you can download a full price guide or contact for a printed version although joanie above says they don't have a printed version available. Checking the website, I cannot find a full price guide and so it seems to have to go to the individual site page to find out the cost.

 

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/useful-information/price-guide/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hp100425ev said:

Pity CMC don’t follow C&CC with an “electronic” reduced membership fee if you do away with the monthly magazine and site handbook.

I had no idea this was an option, must read the small print in future.:angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...