Caravan warranty

Tony 5053

Happy new year everyone, can anyone give recommendations for aftermarket warranty for my new to me caravan thanks in advance 

The advert below your post is for what your asking about. :-)

Get dealer to give you a guarantee with the caravan.

Look at MG&B.

Its an insurance based warranty and covers items which usually fall out of the original caravan manufacturers warranty after 2 or 3 years, as well as water ingress.

Premium can be paid monthly or annually.

I took a two year cover out on my 3 year old Lunar when Lunar Caravans went into liquidation.

Tony

You haven’t told us the age of your purchase. It may be possible to extent the original warranty provided the service record is up to date, but that if course us only available up to a certain age from new. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

It’s a 2018 lunar ,think lunar are just about to go out of business 

15 minutes ago, Tony 5053 said:

They are not just about... They are

Take a look here....

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

25 minutes ago, Tony 5053 said:

Lunar Caravans that made your 2018 caravan went out of business in 2019. They were taken over by a Company calling themselves Lunar Automotive, which never got off the ground beyond making a few demo 2020 models. They are now defunct too. No doubt Covid didn’t help them much.

There are several threads on the forum if you really wanted to be bothered reading it all.

The MB&G policy I mentioned in previous post for my 2017 Lunar certainly gave me peace of mind and my 2 year policy runs to mid November 2021, by which time the van will have been traded in (provided the current Covid issues don’t cause factories to be closed down!).

Edited by hp100425ev

Dont just buy from us, but compare us to the others and then decide!

Engineer Aftercare Warranty is a new company to the sector for Caravans and Motorhomes.  Whether your warranty is approaching the manufacturer end, you have recently bought a van or you own one without cover still, its a great idea to have the  peace of mind of a quality warranty.  But, a warranty is a bit like a crash helmet!  You dont really want one until you fall off, then you want the best one you could find.  So compare like for like before you buy.    Consider and compare:

1. Who will repair your vehicle?  Engineer exclusively use AWS approved workshops, not simply someone VAT registered
  2. How many times can you make a claim, ours is unlimited but some limit you to 1 a year
  3. How much is the claim limit?  Ours is £1000 with unlimited claims, some offer £2000 but you can only claim once, so if your first claim is £290 floor de-lamination, you cant claim again!
  4. Can you claim over the phone or online?  Some companies require you to download and post a form in with the invoice you have had to pay first?
  5. Finally, do they come from a trusted source?  Engineer Aftercare Warranty work exclusively with the Approved Workshop Scheme, we have also been adopted by Caravantalk this leading advise platform on the net.
  6. As a Caravantalk member if you have any queries or concerns about a warranty generally, I will assist.  Martyn Raybould MD   www.engineerinsuranceandaftercare.com  or martyn@engineerinsuranceandaftercare.com

Caravan-Cover jpeg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 09:40, Tony 5053 said:

Happy new year everyone, can anyone give recommendations for aftermarket warranty for my new to me caravan thanks in advance 

www.engineerinsuranceandaftercare.com  Or, feel free to give me a call if you would like to explore anything specific.  Caravan cover is £199 for 12 months Approved Workshop Scheme cover.

Martyn Raybould MD  

01243 264056

On 01/01/2021 at 17:21, Mr Plodd said:

Tony

You haven’t told us the age of your purchase. It may be possible to extent the original warranty provided the service record is up to date, but that if course us only available up to a certain age from new. 

FYI Tony

There will be variances in age and acceptance criteria, but so you know if asked.  Engineer Aftercare Warranty provides cover for vehicles up to 12 years (144 months) and 8 years water ingress.  We can sometimes arrange a warranty on a vehicle 1-2 years older if there is good history and Hab check file..

Kind regards

Martyn Raybould MD

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.